The City of Lee's Summit is a suburban city and home to more than 104,000 residents. Fortunately, violent crime is not a part of everyday life in Lee's Summit. However, there is a large volume of potentially preventable crime that has a negative effect on citizens and business owners.
Local crime data indicates that thefts from autos, stolen autos, and residential and business thefts are the most common crime categories impacting the quality of life in the community.
In response, the Police Department has introduced Secured Neighborhoods and Property (S.N.A.P.), an initiative aimed at reducing crime in neighborhoods and business areas.
How Does SNAP Work?
A large percentage of these crimes become preventable by engaging investigative and proactive resources along with the community’s help.
What Can I Do?
- Remove visible items from vehicles.
- Lock/secure vehicles and remove keys/fobs.
- Close garage doors when unattended.
- Use exterior lighting.
- Develop a routine of checking doors and vehicles.
- Follow the Police Department on social media for the latest community trends.
- Report all suspicious activity to the police.
- Share these proactive strategies with neighbors.