The Lee’s Summit Police Department is proud to offer to our residents the Lee’s Summit Safe Rental Properties (LSSRP) program. The purpose of the program is to develop a partnership between the Police Department and property owners with a goal of reducing crime in rental properties and to foster a safer community.
Once part of the program, which is no cost to the property, the Lee’s Summit Police Department will offer the following services:
- Receive an e-mail notification within 3 days of a Police report being taken on the property.
- At the request of the Owner/Manager, a FREE emailed copy of any report taken on the property will be provided.
- Receive a ‘police calls’ for service log emailed monthly for the property(multi-housing only)
- A Certificate of Participation issued to the property, which can be displayed in the Office.
- Access to an on-line Landlord toolbox containing safety tips and information.
- Recognition on the City’s website as a participant.
The following are the requirements from the property to participate.
- Owners/Manager’s/Landlords etc. will complete an online training module with a short test to show they understand the program within 30 days of signing up or new employment.
- Although not required, we request that a thorough background check be completed on all applicants.
- Property must use and enforce the Crime Free Lease Addendum, which must be signed by all adults on the lease.
- Must sign a Terms of Agreement with the Police Department
- Must maintain quarterly contact with tenants, delivering crime prevention tips. (You can easily sign up for the Police Department’s quarterly newsletter and forward it to them.)
Once established and properly enforced, the program will develop a more stable and satisfied tenant base, increase property value, reduce crime and fear of crime on the property as well as improving personal safety for tenants and landlords/manager’s.
For questions or to set up a meeting to join the program, please call the Community Interaction Office, 816.969.1708, or email LSPDCIO@cityofls.net