The City of Lee's Summit encourages residents to sign up for LS Aware, the City's free alert system designed to keep residents and businesses informed of emergencies and certain non-emergency events. This system allows the City to quickly send messages via phone, text or email depending on the preference set up by the user. Users can also use the LS Aware app to create an account and set preferences. Both the LS Aware app and LS Aware online are powered by Everbridge.
Using a notification service allows the City to engage residents instantly, providing better service to our citizens. Notifications include non-emergency as well as emergency information. Users need to create an account and subscribe to any of the following categories:
- City services (road closures, water service interruptions, facility closures, winter operations)
- City communications (announcements, special events, newsletters)
LS Aware Sign-Up Update Subscriptions
Using the LS Aware App
The LS Aware app is powered by Everbridge and is free to download on any iOS or Android device.
- Visit the App Store or Google Play and search for Everbridge. Download the Everbridge App.
- Open the app. A pop-up from the app may appear asking if you would like to receive notifications.
- Select Allow to receive those types of sounds/images from the app.
- Select Find an organization or subscription.
- Enter LS Aware in the search bar. The results will be displayed.
- Select LS Aware: City of Lee's Summit