NOTICE: the City of Lee's Summit adopted the following 2018 Codes, which go into effect on April 1, 2019. All projects received after this date will be subject to the applicable 2018 Codes.
On January 8, 2019, the Lee's Summit City Council adopted new building code regulations (Ordinance #8536) and a new fire code (Ordinance #8537). These ordinances adopt provisions from the following nationally published construction codes:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code
- ICC/ANSI A117.1-2009, Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
These codes can be purchased on-line at the ICC Store, or by calling the International Code Council Store at 1.800.786.4452.
Contact the Development Services Department for any questions related to the building related regulations at 816.969.1200 or the Fire Department at 816.969.1300 with any International Fire Code questions.