NOTICE: the City of Lee's Summit is reviewing the 2018 Codes and anticipating implementation effective January 1, 2019. All projects received after this date will be subject to the applicable 2018 Codes.
On October 7, 2013 the Lee’s Summit City Council adopted new building code regulations (Ordinance #7369) and a new fire code (Ordinance #7370). These ordinances adopt provisions from the following nationally published construction codes:
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- ICC/ANSI A117.1-2008, Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
Construction performed off of permit applications made on or after January 1st, 2014 shall be designed and constructed according to the provisions of the 2012 International Family of Codes, as amended by Chapter 7 of the Lee's Summit Code of Ordinances.
These codes can be purchased on-line at the ICC Store, or by calling the International Code Council Store at 1.800.786.4452.
Contact the Development Services Department for any questions related to the building related regulations at 816.969.1200 or the Fire Department at 816.969.1300 with any International Fire Code questions.