Jackson County issued a Stay-At-Home Executive Order requiring residents to stay at home except to obtain or provide essential services. Effective 12:01 a.m., March 24 through April 24. Stay up to date on local information at cityofLS.net/coronavirus.


Image of a flooded residential street.Stormwater is water that flows over the ground surface during a rain event, directly into the City's storm drainage system (including lakes and streams) without any treatment. Heavy rain events in short amounts of time can result in flash flooding of streets and yards. Paved areas (driveways, parking lots, streets, roof tops, etc.) contribute to increased stormwater runoff because they do not allow stormwater to seep into the ground. 

Public Works is responsible for addressing stormwater issues related to public infrastructure (streets, bridges, culverts, pipes, etc.) in the City.


Please report any of the following stormwater concerns to the Public Works Department at 816-969-1800:

  • blocked storm drains, curb inlets, or culverts
  • street flooding
  • house flooding