The Information Technology Services Department coordinates the use of information technology for all city employees across the various departments with the City of Lee's Summit. The department manages the city's enterprise network technology infrastructure, servers, applications, personal computers, mobile devices and voice communications. Providing innovative technology solutions that help to improve the efficiency of city operations and our customers experience. Additionally, ITS is responsible for:
- providing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Data Services, Project Management, Support Services (Help Desk), Application Administration Services, Geographical Information System (GIS) and Internet/Web Services;
- providing the technology and automation that allows City departments to share information and to communicate effectively;
- installing and supporting all applications residing on the computer network. Those applications include: utility billing system; police records and computer aided dispatch; fire records and computer aided dispatch; the City's financial system; the City's payroll; a customer service system; pavement management; and a development tracking system;
- aiding all City departments in capturing, recording, and reporting information needed to serve the community;
- coordinating and providing training on the products managed by the department.