LS Police Headquarters Closing to Public Access
Effective Friday, 12/11/2020 at 5pm, the Lee's Summit MO Police Department will be closing to public access as we begin an extensive remodel project of the building.
The renovations are the result of a voter approved bond issue to modernize the 20 year old Police building.
Demolition will begin with the front entrance to the building so we will be unable to provide access to the building for citizens needing police services.
As difficult as this may sound, in 2020 with COVID pandemic protocols we already have several workable solutions in place for the everyday needs of our citizens.
Many of our staff will be working out of temporary offices and/or from remote locations during the shutdown. The shutdown is anticipated to last until the end of August 2021.
NOTE: Emergency services and response from our officers is NOT impacted; 911 and our non-emergency number 816-969-7390 will still be answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Here is a list of common services and how to access them during the construction shutdown:
- Copies of Police reports / Accident Reports -- more information by clicking the link below or by calling Records at 816-969-1715, M-F 7a-4p)
LSPD Records Unit / Copies of Reports Link
- File a walk in police report or accident report -- Call our dispatch center at 816-969-7390 and the dispatcher will either send an officer to your home or business (in Lee's Summit) or have an officer call you back to file your report.
- Fingerprinting services -- unfortunately our fingerprinting services will be unavailable until we get back in our new facility in March of 2021
- Alarm Permits / Security Officer Commissions -- call our Records Unit at 816-969-1715
- Liquor License Renewals -- Contact our Records Unit at 816-969-1747 to speak with the Liqour License Coordinator and get the renewal done.
- Pay a ticket or contact the municipal court -- the Municipal Court will be relocating to City Hall, 220 SE Green Street in the lower floor of the building. They will have limited services on a walk in basis to the building or you can call them at 816-969-1150.