Through the CDBG program, federal grant funds are provided to the City on an annual basis to meet the needs of the low-to-moderate income individuals and families, to address slum or blight in Lee's Summit or to meet an urgent need.
Eligibility and Qualification
Eligible activities for CDBG funding
To be eligible for CDBG funds, an activity must meet one of the three National Objectives, which are:
- benefit low-to-moderate income persons
- eliminate or prevent blight or slums (blight and slums must be declared by the local governing body)
- address an urgent community need (disaster relief)
Read detailed information on eligible and ineligible activities here.
- An eligible subrecipient is any of the following:
- public agency
- nonprofit agency
- Community-based Development Organization (certified CBDO)
Please note that a developer/contractor/owner is not an eligible subrecipient.
Eligible beneficiaries for the subrecipient programs
Please contact the subrecipient agencies directly for eligibility information.
2021-22 Community Development Block Grant Application
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) application for the 2021-22 program year is now open. Applications will be accepted January 4 through February 5, 2021. All applications must be submitted electronically to CDBG@cityofls.net. For questions, please contact Sarah Tilbury at 816- 969-1243 or by e-mail at Sarah.Tilbury@cityofls.net.
- CDBG-Program and Application Information 2021
- Eligibility Check 2021
- Defining the Need 2021
- Application Steps 2021
- Application Completeness Check 2021
- Meeting CON Plan Objectives 2021
- Application Form for Public Service 2021
- Application Form for CONSTRUCTION 2021
- Important Notice on DUNS Number Requirement
First Time Homebuyer Program
The City is not accepting new applications for the First Time Homebuyer assistance at this time.
As of July 1, 2020 the City has transitioned this program to Truman Heritage Habitat for Humanity. The new Home Preservation Program will continue to serve qualifying Lee's Summit residents. For more information, please contact 816-461-6551 or by visiting https://trumanhabitat.org/our-programs/
Program Policies, Procedures and other info provided below for reference only:
- Minor Home Repair Assistance Program Policies and Procedures 2019-20
- Income Eligibility Determination Policies and Procedures
- IRS Form 4506-T - Request for Transcript of Tax Return (use this only for paper filing with the IRS)
- Certification of Zero Income
- Radon Info (Must Read)
- Sources of Radon Test Kits
- HUD Radon FactSheet