Through the CDBG program, federal grant funds are provided to the City on an annual basis to meet the needs of the low-to-moderate income individuals and families, to address slum or blight in Lee's Summit or to meet an urgent need.
Eligibility and Qualification
Eligible activities for CDBG funding
To be eligible for CDBG funds, an activity must meet one of the three National Objectives, which are:
- benefit low-to-moderate income persons
- eliminate or prevent blight or slums (blight and slums must be declared by the local governing body)
- address an urgent community need (disaster relief)
Read detailed information on eligible and ineligible activities here.
- An eligible subrecipient is any of the following:
- public agency
- nonprofit agency
- Community-based Development Organization (certified CBDO)
Please note that a developer/contractor/owner is not an eligible subrecipient.
Eligible beneficiaries for the subrecipient programs
Please contact the subrecipient agencies directly for eligibility information.
2020-21 Community Development Block Grant Application
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) application for the 2020-21 program year is now closed. Application documents listed below are informational only. For questions, please contact Development Services by calling 969-1243.
- CDBG-Program and Application Information 2020
- Eligibility Check 2020
- Defining the Need 2020 (Word Version)
- Application Steps 2020
- Application Completeness Check 2020
- Meeting CON Plan Objectives 2020
- Application Form for Public Service 2020 (Word Version)
- Application Form for CONSTRUCTION 2020 (Word Version)
- Important Notice on DUNS Number Requirement
First Time Homebuyer Program
The City is not accepting new applications for the First Time Homebuyer assistance at this time.
2019-20 Program Year Application Now Closed.
Program Policies, Procedures and other info provided below for reference only:
- Minor Home Repair Assistance Program Policies and Procedures 2019-20
- Income Eligibility Determination Policies and Procedures
- IRS Form 4506-T - Request for Transcript of Tax Return (use this only for paper filing with the IRS)
- Certification of Zero Income
- Radon Info (Must Read)
- Sources of Radon Test Kits
- HUD Radon FactSheet
- 2019 Income Limits