Floodplain Development Permit

A Floodplain Development Permit is required from the City Engineer for all work within a regulatory floodplain. Regulatory floodplains are defined on the Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) issued by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Copies of maps and additional floodplain information are available on-line through the FEMA website, as linked on the City's Environment page. A permit can be obtained by submitting a completed Floodplain Development Permit Application to Public Works – Engineering for review and approval.