Whether constructing a new commercial building or residence, building an addition, or remodeling your current home, a trip to the Development Services Department should be your first step. Here's a few tips to get your started:
- All contractors doing work within the City of Lee's Summit must be licensed by the City.
- Permits are required for commercial buildings and remodels, as well as many residential repairs, additions, and remodels.
- Inspections are required for various phases and types of construction and remodeling.
- For cost information, please visit Schedule of Fees.
- Visit the City Portal to begin the registration process and get information on how to access projects and schedule inspections.