Meter Leak Check
If a leak is suspected in a private water system call 816.969.1900. A service technician will check the water meter for an indication of a leak.
If pressure problems (high or low) are occurring, please check for a pressure reducing valve (PRV) installed on the private water system. Most PRV's are installed just after the main shutoff valve inside a home or business. Check that the PRV is set correctly for the pressure desired or required by any appliance(s) in the home or business. High water pressure problems can cause pipes to rub or bump inside the walls because when not strapped down well.
Signs of Pressure Regulator Problems
- Pounding sound while the water is running.
- Happens at more than one faucet.
- Turning on other faucets changes the cadence.
- Pressure changes the pounding.
- *While the pounding is occurring, check to see if it seems to be coming from the regulator. If so, it may need replaced.
If pressure problems continue or there is not a PRV, call 816.969.1900.
Common plumbing noises and causes.
After-Hours Emergency Number
After 5 p.m. and on weekends call 816.969.7407.