Meter Leak Check
If you suspect you have a leak in your private water system, call 816.969.1900.
A Service Tech will check your water meter for an indication of a leak and inform you of the results.
If you are experiencing pressure problems (high or low), please check for a pressure reducing valve (PRV) installed on your private water system.
Most PRV's are installed just after the main shutoff valve inside your home or business. If you do have a PRV, check that it is set correctly for the pressure you desire or required by any appliance(s) in your home or business. High water pressure problems can cause pipes to rub or bump inside the walls because they aren’t strapped down well.
Signs of Pressure Regulator Problems
- Pounding sound happens while the water is running.
- Happens at more than one faucet
- Turning on other faucets changes the cadence.
- Pressure changes the pounding.
- *While the noise is happening, check to see if it seems to be coming from the regulator. If so, it may need replaced.
If you continue to have pressure problems or do not have a PRV, call 816.969.1900.
Click here for information on common plumbing noises and their causes.
After Hours Emergency Number
After 5 p.m. and on weekends