Search Press Releases

Press Release Archive

Press Releases

  |   Views: 2428

City of Lee’s Summit Launches New Alert System for Residents

City of Lee’s Summit Launches New Alert System for Residents

The City of Lee’s Summit is excited to launch LS Aware, a free alert system designed to keep residents and businesses informed of emergencies and certain non-emergency events. The City can quickly send messages via phones, text, email and more, depending on the preferences set up by the user. The public is encouraged to sign up at LSaware.net

LS Aware will be used to communicate emergency notifications that involve immediate or pending threats to public safety or property such as severe weather, fires and floods. Emergency notifications can be sent citywide if necessary.

Community notifications alert the public about city services that may impact their day-to-day activity but do not impact health or safety. These include road, park and city facility closures, water utility maintenance and snow removal updates. Individuals can also choose to receive communications about city events, announcements and links to newsletters. Community notifications are sent only to individuals who subscribe to those specific alerts.

LS Aware messages will be sent to residents on their preferred communication device – cell phone, text message, home phone, email, Everbridge app and more – to ensure real-time access to potentially lifesaving information. Individuals can receive notifications about emergencies that may affect a location of importance such as their neighborhood, workplace or child’s school, as long as the locations are within the boundaries of the City of Lee’s Summit.

“The City is committed to ensuring public safety, community awareness and emergency response. Using the LS Aware notification system, we can quickly disseminate critical information to thousands of residents and businesses when they need it the most,” said City Manager Mark Dunning. “The ability to reach people on all types of devices, including landlines, is critical as we know people receive information in a variety of ways.”

To learn more and sign up for LS Aware visit LSaware.net.  

Print

Latest Press Releases

Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House
Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

On Sunday, February 11, 2024, at 9:52 p.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire in the 1200 Block of North Ranson Road in Greenwood, Missouri. Callers said fireworks caught a bush on fire next to the house, and it spread to the building. When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible from the eaves of a one-story, single-family residence. All of the occupants were safe outside. Firefighters extinguished the fire outside...
House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital
House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

 On Saturday, February 3, 2024, at 1:37 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at the Rising Star Ranch, 2807 NW Chipman Road. An occupant of a house at the ranch called 911 to report an explosion and fire with one person injured. When the fire department arrived, a small one-story house and a nearby utility trailer were heavily involved in the fire. The occupants of the house were outside. One of the occupants was...
City of Lee’s Summit Statement on Stadium Sales Tax

City of Lee’s Summit Statement on Stadium Sales Tax

The City of Lee’s Summit’s Legislative and Intergovernmental Relations Committee released the following statement related to the actions of the Jackson County Legislature and the county executive as they pertain to the Chiefs and Royals stadiums: “For more than 50 years the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals have been significant contributors to the economy of Jackson County, the state of Missouri and the bi-state area. The citizens of Jackson County...
Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire
Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

On Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at 10:46 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 300 Block of NE Parks Edge Place. The occupants smelled smoke but did not see anything. When the smoke alarms started to sound, they discovered smoke from the basement stairs and a fire. They called 911 and evacuated the building.   When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible inside a two-story, single-family residence. Everyone...
Car Fire in Attached Garage Damages Fourplex
Car Fire in Attached Garage Damages Fourplex

Car Fire in Attached Garage Damages Fourplex

On Monday, January 15, 2024, at 4:45 p.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 5800 Block of NW Plantation Lane. Multiple 911 calls from neighbors reported a car fire in the garage spreading to the fourplex and an explosion.  When the fire department arrived, the fire heavily involved an attached, single-car garage of a two-story fourplex. All building occupants were safe outside. Firefighters quickly attacked the...
First246Last