Search Press Releases

Press Release Archive

Press Releases

  |   Views: 9420
  |   Categories: Fire Department Press Releases

Lee’s Summit Fireworks Regulations for Fourth of July

In the City of Lee’s Summit, residents with a fireworks permit may discharge approved fireworks on July 3 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.; July 4 from 10 a.m. to midnight; and July 5 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. within city limits. A fireworks permit is free and can be obtained at City Hall, approved consumer fireworks tents or the City’s website.

The City’s ordinance allows the possession and use of certain approved consumer fireworks (1.4G) within city limits for persons 16 years of age and older. Persons under the age of 16 must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Consumer fireworks not allowed include bottle rockets, missiles with fins or rudders for aerodynamic flight, roman candles, parachutes with nighttime effects and sky lanterns. Fireworks purchased outside of the city must be legal to discharge in Lee’s Summit.   

Discharging fireworks on public property is prohibited. When discharging fireworks, have plenty of open space, avoid areas of dry vegetation or other combustible materials and have a water hose or bucket available in case of a small fire. Keep small children and pets out of the immediate area. When finished, dispose of waste material in a safe manner - not with regular trash.

For questions about fireworks, contact the Lee’s Summit Fire Department at 969-1300 or visit cityofLS.net. To report inappropriate use or illegal fireworks, contact the Lee’s Summit Police Department at 969-7390.

Print

Latest Press Releases

Lee’s Summit Water Utilities Receives Two Customer Service Awards
Lee’s Summit Water Utilities Receives Two Customer Service Awards

Lee’s Summit Water Utilities Receives Two Customer Service Awards

Lee’s Summit Water Utilities is proud to announce the receipt of two prestigious customer service awards recognizing its commitment to excellence in serving the Lee’s Summit community. The ETC Institute’s Leading the Way award was given to Lee’s Summit Water Utilities to recognize its ranking in the top 10% of municipalities for outstanding performance in core areas assessed in the DirectionFinder® Survey. During 2023, ETC Institute...
Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House
Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

On Sunday, February 11, 2024, at 9:52 p.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire in the 1200 Block of North Ranson Road in Greenwood, Missouri. Callers said fireworks caught a bush on fire next to the house, and it spread to the building. When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible from the eaves of a one-story, single-family residence. All of the occupants were safe outside. Firefighters extinguished the fire outside...
House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital
House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

 On Saturday, February 3, 2024, at 1:37 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at the Rising Star Ranch, 2807 NW Chipman Road. An occupant of a house at the ranch called 911 to report an explosion and fire with one person injured. When the fire department arrived, a small one-story house and a nearby utility trailer were heavily involved in the fire. The occupants of the house were outside. One of the occupants was...
City of Lee’s Summit Statement on Stadium Sales Tax

City of Lee’s Summit Statement on Stadium Sales Tax

The City of Lee’s Summit’s Legislative and Intergovernmental Relations Committee released the following statement related to the actions of the Jackson County Legislature and the county executive as they pertain to the Chiefs and Royals stadiums: “For more than 50 years the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals have been significant contributors to the economy of Jackson County, the state of Missouri and the bi-state area. The citizens of Jackson County...
Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire
Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

On Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at 10:46 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 300 Block of NE Parks Edge Place. The occupants smelled smoke but did not see anything. When the smoke alarms started to sound, they discovered smoke from the basement stairs and a fire. They called 911 and evacuated the building.   When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible inside a two-story, single-family residence. Everyone...
1345Last