Search Press Releases

Press Release Archive

Press Releases

  |   Views: 9479
  |   Categories: Fire Department Press Releases

Deck Fire Spreads To House

Deck Fire Spreads To House

LEE'S SUMMIT, MO—On Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 11:12 p.m., the Lee’s Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire in the 1200 Block of SE Rosehill Drive. The neighbor behind the house reported a fire on the deck.

When the fire department arrived, smoke and fire was visible from the back of the one-story, single-family residence. The occupants were safe outside.

Crews quickly knocked down the fire on the deck as other crews entered the house to extinguish the fire that had spread to the inside.  A search of the house confirmed everyone was out. The fire was under control by 11:39 p.m.

The fire heavily damaged the deck and spread to the living room and dining room. Heat and smoke damage varied throughout the rest of the house.

The cause of the fire was determined to be ashes from a charcoal grill that had been used on the deck earlier in the evening.  

Print

Latest Press Releases

Lee’s Summit Water Utilities Receives Two Customer Service Awards
Lee’s Summit Water Utilities Receives Two Customer Service Awards

Lee’s Summit Water Utilities Receives Two Customer Service Awards

Lee’s Summit Water Utilities is proud to announce the receipt of two prestigious customer service awards recognizing its commitment to excellence in serving the Lee’s Summit community. The ETC Institute’s Leading the Way award was given to Lee’s Summit Water Utilities to recognize its ranking in the top 10% of municipalities for outstanding performance in core areas assessed in the DirectionFinder® Survey. During 2023, ETC Institute...
Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House
Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

On Sunday, February 11, 2024, at 9:52 p.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire in the 1200 Block of North Ranson Road in Greenwood, Missouri. Callers said fireworks caught a bush on fire next to the house, and it spread to the building. When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible from the eaves of a one-story, single-family residence. All of the occupants were safe outside. Firefighters extinguished the fire outside...
House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital
House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

 On Saturday, February 3, 2024, at 1:37 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at the Rising Star Ranch, 2807 NW Chipman Road. An occupant of a house at the ranch called 911 to report an explosion and fire with one person injured. When the fire department arrived, a small one-story house and a nearby utility trailer were heavily involved in the fire. The occupants of the house were outside. One of the occupants was...
City of Lee’s Summit Statement on Stadium Sales Tax

City of Lee’s Summit Statement on Stadium Sales Tax

The City of Lee’s Summit’s Legislative and Intergovernmental Relations Committee released the following statement related to the actions of the Jackson County Legislature and the county executive as they pertain to the Chiefs and Royals stadiums: “For more than 50 years the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals have been significant contributors to the economy of Jackson County, the state of Missouri and the bi-state area. The citizens of Jackson County...
Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire
Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

On Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at 10:46 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 300 Block of NE Parks Edge Place. The occupants smelled smoke but did not see anything. When the smoke alarms started to sound, they discovered smoke from the basement stairs and a fire. They called 911 and evacuated the building.   When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible inside a two-story, single-family residence. Everyone...
1345Last