Search Fire Department News

Fire Department News Archive

Fire Department News

  |   Views: 3550
  |   Categories: Fire Department News

The Burning of Leaves and Yard Waste is Prohibited

The Burning of Leaves and Yard Waste is Prohibited

Reminding everyone the open burning of yard waste is prohibited. Including burning leaves in portable patio fireplaces or pits.

Due to the ongoing drought conditions, all open burning permits issued in the City of Lee's Summit remain suspended, and it is not recommended to use any other outdoor open-flame appliances.

Please keep everyone safe!

Print

Latest News

Fire Damages Manufacturing Business

Fire Damages Manufacturing Business

Fire Damages Manufacturing Business
On Wednesday, May 29, 2024, at 11:08 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 11 SW Industrial Drive at Newco Manufacturing. The caller reported a fire in the paint room.  When the fire department arrived, heavy smoke was visible from a large single-story commercial building. The fire quickly spread from the paint booth to a nearby storage area, partially collapsing the roof. Firefighters fought the fire from a...
Severe Weather Preparedness Week March 4-8

Severe Weather Preparedness Week March 4-8

Severe Weather Preparedness Week March 4-8
The Statewide Tornado Drill is Wednesday, March 6, at 11:00 am, weather permitting. The City of Lee's Summit will activate the outdoor warning systems, school receivers, and LS Aware for the drill. It's up to you to determine the best notification method for you and your family and where you will take shelter. Here are some essential tips to keep you prepared for severe weather: • Follow local forecasts any time severe weather is possible. Have...
Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House
On Sunday, February 11, 2024, at 9:52 p.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire in the 1200 Block of North Ranson Road in Greenwood, Missouri. Callers said fireworks caught a bush on fire next to the house, and it spread to the building. When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible from the eaves of a one-story, single-family residence. All of the occupants were safe outside. Firefighters extinguished the fire outside...
House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital
 On Saturday, February 3, 2024, at 1:37 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at the Rising Star Ranch, 2807 NW Chipman Road. An occupant of a house at the ranch called 911 to report an explosion and fire with one person injured. When the fire department arrived, a small one-story house and a nearby utility trailer were heavily involved in the fire. The occupants of the house were outside. One of the occupants was...
Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire
On Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at 10:46 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 300 Block of NE Parks Edge Place. The occupants smelled smoke but did not see anything. When the smoke alarms started to sound, they discovered smoke from the basement stairs and a fire. They called 911 and evacuated the building.   When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible inside a two-story, single-family residence. Everyone...
1345Last