The Lee's Summit Fire Department takes pride in serving the Lee's Summit community. Staff stands ready to provide the highest level of service in any type of emergency. To best accomplish this task, the department is divided into the following seven divisions:
- Administration - Responsible for the administration and oversight of the entire department.
- Communications Center - Operates a regional fire and emergency service communications center. The center serves as the focus for all city communications, other than police communications. The center also provides communication services on a contractual basis to the Southern Jackson County, Lone Jack, Fort Osage, Sni-Valley and Pleasant Hill Fire Protection Districts. The center also serves as the Region A communication center for 13 counties during statewide disasters.
Emergency Management - Focuses on conducting activities to ensure the City of Lee’s Summit is secure and resilient utilizing core capabilities across the whole community to prevent, protect against, mitigate, respond to, and recover from the threats and hazards that pose the greatest risk.
- Emergency Services (Operations) - Responds to all types of fires, emergency medical incidents, rescue and hazardous material incidents, and also coordinates the City's response to city-wide emergencies.
- Fire Prevention - Oversees the department's loss reduction activities, which include fire and hazardous materials. This division also oversees business inspections, plan reviews, fire investigations, juvenile fire-setter intervention, safety education programs in local schools and adult public education.
- Support Services - Responsible for budgeting, equipment maintenance and purchasing, station maintenance and acquisition of equipment and supplies.
- Training - Responsible for hiring personnel and training department personnel in emergency medical services, fire suppression, technical rescue and hazardous materials.