Search Fire Department News

Fire Department News Archive

Fire Department News

  |   Views: 5200
  |   Categories: Fire Department Press Releases

Garage Fire Heavily Damages Home

Garage Fire Heavily Damages Home

On Thursday, July 7, 2022, at 11:36 p.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 900 Block of SW Sara Circle. The occupant reported a fire in the garage, and they were evacuating the house.

When the fire department arrived, the garage of a one-story, single-family residence was on fire and rapidly spreading into the attic of the house and a car in the driveway. The occupants of the house were safe outside.

Firefighters knocked down the fire in the garage and entered the house to check for additional fire spread and confirm that everyone was out of the building. The incident was under control by 12:21 a.m. However, crews remained on the scene to extinguish any hot spots and assist with the investigation.      

The fire caused extensive damage to the garage and its contents, with heat and smoke damage throughout the remainder of the structure.

The fire originated in the garage. The cause has yet to be determined.

 

Print

Latest News

Severe Weather Preparedness Week March 4-8

Severe Weather Preparedness Week March 4-8

Severe Weather Preparedness Week March 4-8
The Statewide Tornado Drill is Wednesday, March 6, at 11:00 am, weather permitting. The City of Lee's Summit will activate the outdoor warning systems, school receivers, and LS Aware for the drill. It's up to you to determine the best notification method for you and your family and where you will take shelter. Here are some essential tips to keep you prepared for severe weather: • Follow local forecasts any time severe weather is possible. Have...
Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House
On Sunday, February 11, 2024, at 9:52 p.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire in the 1200 Block of North Ranson Road in Greenwood, Missouri. Callers said fireworks caught a bush on fire next to the house, and it spread to the building. When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible from the eaves of a one-story, single-family residence. All of the occupants were safe outside. Firefighters extinguished the fire outside...
House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital
 On Saturday, February 3, 2024, at 1:37 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at the Rising Star Ranch, 2807 NW Chipman Road. An occupant of a house at the ranch called 911 to report an explosion and fire with one person injured. When the fire department arrived, a small one-story house and a nearby utility trailer were heavily involved in the fire. The occupants of the house were outside. One of the occupants was...
Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire
On Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at 10:46 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 300 Block of NE Parks Edge Place. The occupants smelled smoke but did not see anything. When the smoke alarms started to sound, they discovered smoke from the basement stairs and a fire. They called 911 and evacuated the building.   When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible inside a two-story, single-family residence. Everyone...
Car Fire in Attached Garage Damages Fourplex

Car Fire in Attached Garage Damages Fourplex

Car Fire in Attached Garage Damages Fourplex
On Monday, January 15, 2024, at 4:45 p.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 5800 Block of NW Plantation Lane. Multiple 911 calls from neighbors reported a car fire in the garage spreading to the fourplex and an explosion.  When the fire department arrived, the fire heavily involved an attached, single-car garage of a two-story fourplex. All building occupants were safe outside. Firefighters quickly attacked the...
1345Last