Public Works Committee
Public Works Department - Water Utilities Department
This Council based committee reviews matters relating to public works (engineering, streets, airport, and solid waste), water and wastewater. Ordinance No. 7920, approved July 14, 2016, transferred the responsibilities of the Environment and Natural Resources Committee to the Public Works Committee.
- Review matters relating to public works, water and wastewater prior to consideration and action by the City Council.
- Consider current or proposed ordinances or policies addressing all infrastructure and transportation issues in conjunction with the Design and Construction Manual.
- Review issues concerning the Lee’s Summit Airport, following review and recommendations from the Board of Aeronautic Commissioners.
- Review matters relating to the development, use and conservation of energy and other energy related concerns; environmental impact and pollution, including natural resources such as air, water, solid waste, including environmental impact and public health and safety.
- Consider changes and amendments to the landfill operations, review Department of Natural Resources (DNR) regulations, consider closure and post-closure requirements and review matters concerning the Sanitary Landfill and Resource Recovery Park prio to consideration and action by the Council.
Meetings are held at 4:30 pm on the third Monday of the month in the City Council Chambers at City Hall.