The Community and Economic Development Committee (CEDC) reviews current or proposed policies or ordinances dealing generally with planning, zoning, residential and commercial development, park land use, code enforcement, general landscaping issues and any other related issues.
- Review current or proposed policies or ordinances dealing generally with planning, zoning and other related Community Development Department issues.
- Review current or proposed policies or ordinances dealing with code enforcement.
- Review current or proposed procedures for the administrative enforcement of the Uniform Building Codes, Life Safety Codes, and the Uniform Fire Codes (includes review of all relevant national codes).
- Review current and proposed polices in relation to residential and commercial development; park land use and development; and general landscaping issues.
- Consider and report upon proposed ordinances and matters referred to it relating to commerce, industrial growth, expansion and development, economic development, the creation and retention of jobs.
- Review all other matters as directed by the City Council.