Lee's Summit Fire Department

Fire Chief
Mike Snider

The Lee’s Summit Fire Department is an organization rich in history and tradition. The department provides emergency services to nearly 107,000 people, which includes residents in the neighboring communities of Greenwood and Unity Village. The 180 personnel respond to over 11,000 calls for service annually from seven (7) fire stations, providing emergency dispatching with medical direction, fire suppression, advanced life support emergency medical transport, hazardous material mitigation, technical rescue and emergency management services. 

Our department is one (1) of seven (7) in the state of Missouri to earn international accredited status from the Commission on Fire Accreditation International in 2016. To learn more about our department and the methodology of how we focus on continual improvement, review our Strategic Plan and our Community Risk Standards of Cover reports. In addition to being internationally accredited the department has also achieved the Insurance Services Office (ISO) Public Protection Classification (PPC) rating of Class 2/2X.

The values of the Lee’s Summit Fire Department are Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Duty and Excellence.

Our Mission: The Lee's Summit Fire Department is dedicated to serving our community through prevention, preparedness, and response with PRIDE.

Fire Department News

  • Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House
    Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

    Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

    On Sunday, February 11, 2024, at 9:52 p.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire in the 1200 Block of North Ranson Road in Greenwood, Missouri. Callers said fireworks caught a bush on fire next to the house, and it spread to the building. When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible from the eaves of a one-story, single-family residence. All of the occupants were safe outside. Firefighters extinguished the fire outside...

    Read More - Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

  • House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital
    House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

    House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

     On Saturday, February 3, 2024, at 1:37 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at the Rising Star Ranch, 2807 NW Chipman Road. An occupant of a house at the ranch called 911 to report an explosion and fire with one person injured. When the fire department arrived, a small one-story house and a nearby utility trailer were heavily involved in the fire. The occupants of the house were outside. One of the occupants was...

    Read More - House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

  • Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire
    Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

    Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

    On Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at 10:46 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 300 Block of NE Parks Edge Place. The occupants smelled smoke but did not see anything. When the smoke alarms started to sound, they discovered smoke from the basement stairs and a fire. They called 911 and evacuated the building.   When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible inside a two-story, single-family residence. Everyone...

    Read More - Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire