Applications for the 2020, projects which will take place between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020, will be available in April.
Lee's Summit Arts Council
Email Arts Council
Grant Application Process
Grant Guidelines and Eligibility Criteria
Guidelines and eligibility criteria for the 2020 grant cycle will be available in spring 2019.
- Applicants must be one of three entities:
- a tax-exempt nonprofit organization with a 501c3 designation from the IRS
- an individual artist providing a public cultural opportunity
- Awarded grant funds must be used for public cultural art events or programs that take place in Lee’s Summit.
- Grants cannot fund events or activities that are already in progress or that have already taken place.
- Funds cannot be used for fundraisers, scholarships, or for the purchase of capital equipment or building construction.
- The Arts Council logo must appear on ALL marketing materials related to the funded project.
- Current grantees must submit a Final Grant Report prior to being considered for any future grant opportunities.
Applications for the 2020 grant cycle, for all projects that take place between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020, will be available in April. The Arts Council is revieweing new grant guidelines and funding criteria as part of the next grant cucle.
To request a grant application for the 2019 grant cycle (July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019), click the Grant Application button below to email the Cultural Arts Division.
Request 2019 Grant Application
Grant Approval Process
Applications submitted by the deadline are initially reviewed by the Arts Council Budget Committee to determine if eligibility requirements have been met and if all required documents have been submitted correctly. Applications deemed eligible for consideration are reviewed and scored by each Arts Council member. Typically, grant applications are reviewed and discussed at the August Arts Council meeting and recommendations for funding are made at this time. Grant applicants are informed of their funding status by early September.
Final Grant Report
Grantees must submit a Final Grant Report to the Arts Council. The deadline for a Final Grant Report is 30 days following the conclusion of a funded project/program for all project grants, or by June 30 for general operating grants. A Final Grant Report must be submitted prior to being considered for any future grants. Organizations or individuals with an outstanding Final Grant Report will not be allowed to submit a new grant application.
Request Final Grant Report Form