Cultural Arts Grant Application
The annual Cultural Arts Grant program supports activities that provide meaningful cultural experiences for residents and visitors. Local arts and cultural organizations that meet the eligibility criteria below are invited to submit a request for funding.
The information below pertains to activities planned between July 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024. Deadline to apply for this funding cycle is February 17, 2023.
Types of Grants Funded
General Operating Support (up to $2,500) - For requests to support the overall mission and ongoing operations of and organization. For example, an annual performance season.
Project Support (up to $2,500) - For requests in which funding is restricted to support a specific program, project, activity or event that is a component of an organization's ongoing operations. Requires the submission of a separate project budget in addition to the organization's operating budget and financials. For example, one specific performance or series out of an entire season, or a specific education or outreach program.
To apply for a Cultural Arts Grant, applicants must:
- Be a 501(c)3 tax-exempt nonprofit organization.
- Hold primary office in Lee’s Summit. If the primary office for the organization is located outside Lee's Summit, awarded grant funds must be used for activities that take place within city limits.
- Have no past due final grant reports by the application deadline.
Arts Council cannot fund the following activities:
- More than 50 percent of an organization’s total operational budget for general operating requests.
- More than 50 percent of project costs for project grant requests.
- Example: Total project budget is $3,000. The maximum allowable request is $1,500.
- Costs associated with food and beverage, social events, receptions or exhibit/gallery openings.
- Fundraising events, benefits or raffles.
- Prize, award or scholarship money given to an individual or group as part of a competition.
- Capital, equipment or other fixed assets,or the maintenance, refurbishing or rehabilitation costs associated with any of these items.
- Reduction or elimination of debt.
- Booth space for festivals, fairs or networking events.
- Activities that are not open to the public (i.e. “donors only” or “members only” events).
Timeline for the 2023 Grant Cycle
February 17, 2023
City Council approves FY2022 City budget, which includes recommended fuding awards for the Cultural Arts grants.
Award confirmation sent to grant recipients.
July 31, 2024
2023 Final Grant Report deadline for funded activities that took place between July 1, 2023 and June 30, 2024.
Final Grant Report
Grantees are required to submit a Final Grant Report for all completed projects. If your funded project will be not completed by the next application deadline please use the form to provide an update and status report of currenlty funded activities.
Final Grant Report Form
Recognizing the Cultural Arts Division and Cultural Commission
Projects that receive funding from the Cultural Arts Grant Program must prominently recognize the Cultural Arts Division and Cultural Commission on all grant-related news releases, brochures, flyers, banners, etc. using the Lee's Summit Cultural Arts logos and credit line: “Financial assistance provided in part by the City of Lee’s Summit Cultural Arts Division and Cultural Commission.” Verbal acknowledgement should be given at any event where there are no printed materials and during any interview with the media.
The Cultural Arts Division logo and Cultural Commission logo are provided to allow funded organizations to acknowledge the Division's support. Logos are available for use only by approved grant recipients and community partners. Grantees may request a logo packet below.
Request Logo Packet
Modification of any City logos in any way is prohibited. Please contact the Cultural Arts Division to request any additional logo formats or for questions related to logo use or placement.