Additional grant funding has become available for 2019. Applications are being accepted until February 15, 5:00pm.
All new applicants are encouraged to contact the Arts Council directly to review their proposed project prior to submitting an application.
Lee's Summit Arts Council
Email Arts Council
Grant Application Process
Grant Guidelines and Eligibility Criteria
Guidelines and eligibility criteria for the 2020 grant cycle will be available in spring 2019.
- Applicants must be one of three entities:
- a tax-exempt nonprofit organization with a 501c3 designation from the IRS
- an individual artist providing a public cultural opportunity
- Awarded grant funds must be used for public cultural art events or programs that take place in Lee’s Summit.
- Grants cannot fund events or activities that are already in progress or that have already taken place.
- Funds cannot be used for fundraisers, scholarships, or for the purchase of capital equipment or building construction.
- The Arts Council logo must appear on ALL marketing materials related to the funded project.
- Current grantees must submit a Final Grant Report prior to being considered for any future grant opportunities.
Applicants must submit a Cultural Arts Grant Application to the Lee's Summit Arts Council by the grant deadline. No late applications will be accepted.
Grant Approval Process
Applications submitted by the deadline are initially reviewed by the Arts Council Budget Committee to determine if eligibility requirements have been met and if all required documents have been submitted correctly. Applications deemed eligible for consideration are reviewed and scored by each Arts Council member. Typically, grant applications are reviewed and discussed at the August Arts Council meeting and recommendations for funding are made at this time. Grant applicants are informed of their funding status by early September.
Final Grant Report
Grantees must submit a Final Grant Report to the Arts Council. The deadline for a Final Grant Report is 30 days following the conclusion of a funded project/program for all project grants, or 30 days following the close of a Grantee’s fiscal year for general operating support. A Final Grant Report must be submitted prior to being considered for any future grants. Organizations or individuals with an outstanding Final Grant Report will not be allowed to submit a new grant application.
Final Grant Report