1. Bids – For Bid Number 423-322-72 the City of Lee's Summit, Missouri will receive Bids electronically submitted via QuestCDN (www.QuestCDN.com) until April 26, 2017 at 2:00 P.M. when all Bids duly received will be opened publicly and read aloud in the Howard A Conference Room. The successful bidder will be required to furnish and pay satisfactory performance and payment bond or bonds. The City of Lee's Summit, reserves the right to reject any or all Bids or to waive informalities therein, to determine the lowest and best Bid.
2. Project Description: The Work for the project, Todd George Parkway Shoulder Improvements includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
Installation of 6-foot wide, asphalt paved shoulders along Todd George Parkway between Colbern Road and Woods Chapel Road. Including but not limited to excavation, hauling off material, erosion control, sub-grade preparation, installing aggregate base, asphalt paving, pavement marking, ADA curb ramp installation, curb and gutter installation, providing traffic control, and other work as required to complete the project.
The site is located in Lee's Summit, Missouri, as shown on the Drawings.
3. Bidding Documents - Sets of Bidding Documents may be requested from:
A. QuestCDN.com for an electronic file, the eBidDoc number is 4948166. A downloading fee of $20 will be required to obtain the files.
4. Bid Security - Each Bid shall enclose Bid Security, as specified in the Instructions to Bidders, representing five percent (5%) of the sum of the Bidder's Base Bid plus all alternates.
5. Pre-Bid Conference - A Pre-Bid Conference will be held at City Hall Howard A Conference Room, City Hall, 220 S.E. Green Street, Lee's Summit, Missouri on April 18, 2017, at 2:00 P.M. local time. Prospective Bidders and others interested in the Work are encouraged to attend pre-bid conference. Addenda may be issued, as the Engineer considers necessary, in response to issues raised at the pre-bid conference.
6. Prevailing Wages - The Department of Labor and Industrial Relations Prevailing Wage Determination -
Annual Wage Order No. 23, Incremental Increase #7, Dated January 27, 2017, covering the Work is attached to the Form of Agreement (Section 00520).
7. Tax Exemption - All or certain items required for this contract are for constructing, repairing, or remodeling facilities for an exempt entity and qualify for exemption from State and local sales and use taxes under RSMo 144.062. The Instruction to Bidders and General Conditions include tax exemption provisions covering the submission of the application for tax exemption determination by the Bidder awarded the Contract.
8. Work Authorization – For all contracts in excess of $5,000, the bidder shall comply with § 285.530, RSMo, as amended and shall; 1. provide sworn affidavit affirming that it does not knowingly employ any person who is an unauthorized alien and 2. provide documentation affirming its enrollment and participation in a federal work authorization program with respect to the employees working in connection with this contract. The required documentation must be from the federal work authorization program provider. e.g. the electronic signature page from the E-Verify program’s Memorandum of Understanding. E-Verify, http://www.dhs.gov/everify, is a FREE Internet-based federal work authorization program operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Letter from contractors reciting compliance is not sufficient.
9. The successful bidder shall comply with the requirements of § 292.675 RSMo. The requirements include on-site employees to complete the ten (10) hour Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction safety program, which includes a course in construction safety and health approved by OSHA or a similar program approved by the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
This Invitation to Bid dated at Lee's Summit, Missouri, this April 7, 2017.
City of Lee's Summit, Missouri
Erin Ralovo, Staff Engineer