Customer Service Afterhours Emergency Number
(After 5 p.m. and on Weekends)
Billing Inquiries and Service Requests
220 SE Green St
Lee's Summit, MO 64063
Understanding Your Bill:
Your bill includes charges for water and sanitary sewer services as applicable. The water portion of your bill has three separate charges; base fee, volume charge and sales tax. Your meter is read approximately every 30 days. Sometimes your meter can not be read due to inclement weather or lack of access that may require us to estimate your consumption.
A graph of your prior usage history is provided to assist with understanding your usage. Occasionally, unusual bills represent a plumbing problem such as a leaking flapper in a toilet or other potential leaks within your system. Contact our staff with your usage concerns to assist you with identifying these situations.
Your bill is due and payable on the billing date. Penalty charges of 5% are assessed on the total outstanding balance as of the due date.
- Bank Draft: Bank Drafting is provided free to our customers and allows you to have your payment automatically drafted from your checking or savings account. To learn more about this program, visit www.lswater.net or contact a Customer Service Representative at (816) 969-1900.
- Mail: Simply detach the lower portion (remittance stub) from your bill and enclose your check in the envelope provided.
- In Person: City Hall is located at 220 SE Green Street and the Treasury Office is open from 8:00am to 5:00pm to accept your payment Monday through Friday. For easier processing of your payment, please bring your remittance stub from the bill.
- Night Depository: A drop box is located in the alley between City Hall (220 SE Green Street) and Fire Headquarters (207 SE Douglas Street). You can access the alley from 3rd Street on the west side of City Hall or 2nd Street on the west side of the City Hall parking garage or from Douglas Street just south of Fire Headquarters.
- Telephone: Payments are processed through a safe, secure and convenient telephone system that can be accessed 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Call (816) 969-4636 for the Utility payment system.
- Online: As with Telephone payments, the system is safe, secure and convenient to use. Visit www.lswater.net to access your account online. You can register with just your account number and customer number.
The Service Area for Lee's Summit Water Utilities encompasses nearly all of the area within the corporate City Limits and includes some areas outside of the City Limits. The total service area is over 70 square miles and serves over 34,000 homes and businesses.