Drop-off recycling is once again being offered at the South Recycling Center at the City's Resource Recovery Park, 2101 SE Hamblen Rd. The South Recycling Center is operated by the City's contractor KC Dumpster Company. There is no fee to utilize this service.
Hours of operation:
Monday through Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday: 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The following materials are accepted:
- tin, aluminum and steel cans;
- No. 1 and No. 2 plastics (water bottles, plastic milk jugs, detergent bottles, etc.);
- cardboard (flatten; no food or grease contamination);
- glass (lids off cans/jars)
- paper, paperboard, newspaper, magazines (not shredded);
- paper milk/juice cartons.
Please rinse containers.
Visit RecycleSpot to find additional drop-off locations throughout the Kansas City metro area for a variety of items to recycle.
Residents of Lee's Summit may hire the curbside recycling hauler of their choice. Monthly rates vary from hauler to hauler. All licensed residential trash haulers are required to offer curbside recycling services to residents if requested.
Haulers must collect the following items in their curbside recycling program:
- aluminum and tin cans;
- No. 1 and No. 2 plastic beverage and food containers;
Haulers must also offer one or more of the following items in their curbside recycling program:
- clear, green, and brown glass containers;
- mixed/office paper;
- corrugated cardboard and paperboard (i.e., cereal boxes, etc.);
- Plastic beverage and food containers No. 3 through No. 7.
Recycle More, Recycle Better
Did you know plastic bags are not an acceptable curbside recycling item? Help keep the cost of recycling down by learning what items can and cannot go in curbside recycling bins.
Curbside Recycling Items
Ten recycle bins are strategically placed near existing trash receptacles throughout the downtown area. These bins were funded in part by a grant from the Mid America Regional Council-Solid Waste Management District and the Missouri Department of Natural Resources. These bins are intended to be used by visitors and are NOT for drop off of residential or commercial recycling.
Glass Bottles and Jars
Ripple Glass bins are located around Lee's Summit for public use as follows:
- Price Chopper (937 NE Woods Chapel Road)
- Price Chopper (251 SW Greenwich Drive)
- Price Chopper (1600 SE Blue Parkway)
- HyVee (310 SW Ward Road)
- John Knox Village (600 NW Pryor Road)
- New Longview (Longview Blvd. south of Fascination Drive)
Recycle Used Bikes for a Cause
Used bicycles of all sizes can now be recycled at the South Recycling Center at the City's Resource Recovery Park, 2101 SE Hamblen Rd. There is no fee to utilize this service. Bikes are donated to Revolve KC, a non-profit that in turn, restores and provides bikes to under-served persons for transportation and recreation.
Call 816.550.1612 for additional information.