Legacy Park Amphitheater Announces full Summer Season!
Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation (LSPR) is excited to announce its Summer Season at the Legacy Park Amphitheater (LPA). The lineup will include artists who have played in local, national, and international venues; free children’s events, concerts, and more from May through October.
Calendar of Events for Outdoor Concerts
- May 20 at 7 p.m. – Beatles VS. Stones: A Musical Showdown will be the first national act featuring two of the greatest rock n’ roll bands facing off. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 on the day of the show.
- June 11 at 7 p.m. – Bluegrass Jamboree will have the Finely River Boys and That Dalton Gang play some American rooted music on the big stage with support from the Missouri Arts Council. Free Admission.
- June 17 at 7 p.m. –Grits & Glamour: featuring Lorrie Morgan and Pam Tillis take center stage delighting old and new fans across America on their highly successful tour! Veteran recording artists and performers grace the country format with style, flair and undeniable talent that is captivating and timeless. Tickets are $30 in advance, $40on the day of the show.
- July 8 at 7 p.m. – Warrant, with special guest Firehouse, will have the glam metal band perform hits like “Cherry Pie,” “Down Boys” and “Sometimes She Cries,” along with many others. Special guest, FireHouse, will lead this rocking event! Tickets are $30 in advance and $40 on the day of the show.
- July 22 at 7 p.m. – Jamaican Jam is a concert that features great reggae bands. Their melodic sounds of reggae and Caribbean charm will fill the air. Free admission.
- August 5 at 7 p.m. – The Phil Collins Experience is a brilliant performance with KC Magazine’s Best Male Vocalist, Terry Adams Jr., recreating the look, sound, emotion and energy of Phil Collins on stage. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 on the day of the show.
- August 27 at 7 p.m. – Blues Fest will feature Heather Newman and Jason Vivone, playing soulful blues music all evening. Free Admission.
- September 24 at 7 p.m. –TheM80s is the Midwest’s hottest 80s cover band. The local Kansas City band will elevate the night’s intensity by playing pop, rock and new wave. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 on the day of the show.
- October 7 at 7 p.m. –SoulRoot brings the greatest hits over the last five decades to Lee’s Summit! Performing hits from every genre, this variety band covers songs from Adelle to Johnny Cash, to Outkast and everything in-between. Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 on the day of the show.
Tickets for all events can be purchased online at RockTheAmp.net or in person at Legacy Park Amphitheater on the day of the event.
Calendar of Events for Outdoor Theatre (all outdoor theatre events are free for attendees).
- May 14 at 6:30 p.m. – Celebration of the Arts is a community-wide, free event that spotlights many of the talented cultural arts groups who call Lee’s Summit home. A local dance studio, an aerial dance performance, theatre group, kids rock band, and the LSHS orchestra will perform. The night will end with a brief firework show lighting up the sky. Free admission.
- June 1 at 10:30 a.m. – Central Missouri Repertory presents Alice in Wonderland, a kids’ event that will be free to enjoy as UCM takes them down the rabbit hole in this theatrical performance. Free admission.
Concessions are available for purchase and additional food and beverage vendors are on-site for selected events. No pets or outside food and beverage are allowed. For a full list of rules visit www.rocktheamp.net
Legacy Park Amphitheater is located just south of the Legacy Park Community Center (897 NE Bluestem Drive, Lee’s Summit, MO 64086). For additional information, a list of upcoming events, or information about renting the facility, visit rocktheamp.net.