Your parks need you! The Park Hero Program is an effort to more effectively communicate with the patrons and neighbors of our parks. We look forward to the opportunity to work together with you to improve our parks and foster a sense of pride and cooperation in our neighborhoods. You are the key to unlocking the potential of your neighborhood park. Let us know you want to get started by filling out the Park Hero Interest Form below.
Why a Park Hero Program? To help...
- Prevent and Respond to crime and vandalism through community involvement.
- Alert park staff to unsafe conditions in parks to increase reaction time.
- Preserve our parks as a safe haven for children and adults to enjoy.
- Build community connections and sense of pride in our neighborhood parks.
What does a Park Hero do?
Park Heroes serve as the guardians of our parks by acting as the “eyes and ears” of their community. Because a resident knows their neighborhood best, you are ideally suited to keep watch over your park and alert the proper authorities of any situation that may arise.
Park Heroes will be asked to report to the proper authorities. For example...
- Criminal behaviors, vandalism or acts of violence are reported to the police.
- Arson, fire or medical emergencies are reported to the fire department.
- Off leash, loose or injured animals are reported to animal control.
Incidents to report to your park liaison include:
- Any emergency as previously listed after proper authorities have been notified.
- Presence of litter, garbage dumping or broken glass.
- Graffiti or vandalism to park equipment or facilities.
- Moving of picnic tables, trash cans or other park equipment
- Broken or burnt out security and parking lot lighting.
- Damaged or unsafe equipment, fencing or facilities.
- Destruction of natural resources.
- Fallen limbs or hazard trees in park or along trail.
- Violations of park rules or being in park after hours.
- Suggestions for park improvements or needed additions and any other comments or concerns as they arise.
To volunteer to become a Park Hero...
Complete the Park Hero Interest Form below.