- Yield playing areas to all Lee's Summit Parks and Recreation sanctioned activities.
- Garage sales are not permitted in the parks.
- Petting Zoos, Horses, Carnivals, Personal Water Slide, Pools, and Music Concerts are NOT allowed.
- Electrically amplified music is not allowed.
- Motorized vehicles are allowed in designated parking areas only.
- A Special Use Permit is required for all park uses not conforming with our existing facility rental policy. It shall include concerts, walk-a-thons, runs, organized athletic events, and other such events requiring special consideration and treatment.
Alcohol in parks is allowed by permit only at Lowenstein Park, Legacy Park and Summit Park
City ordinance prohibits the sale of alcohol on park property. Consumption of alcohol is also prohibited without a special permit from the Parks and Recreation Department. Special permit is ONLY available for Lowenstein Park, Legacy Park and Summit Park. There is a $25 charge for the permit. Requests must be made in person and require a shelter reservation.
In an effort to reduce the negative impact of tobacco use on parks and recreation patrons, the use of all tobacco products is prohibited in parks and facilities maintained, owned, and/or operated by the Lee's Summit Parks and Recreation Department.
Bounce Houses are allowed BY PERMIT ONLY at Lowenstein and Osage Trails for $25.
Renter provides all necessary equipment.
The following are NOT allowed in the parks for your safety and to protect your parks.
- DAMAGE of park property. City Ordinance Chp. 17-85
- USE of parks from 11:00pm until 5:00am. City Ordinance Chp. 19 Art III
- COURT PLAY over one hour when others are waiting.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. City Ordinance Chp. 19 Art III
- Motorized VEHICLES on park grounds. City Ordinance Chp. 19 Art III
- SKATES, BICYCLES or SKATEBOARDS interfering with intended use of sidewalks, parking lots or court areas. City Ordinance Chp. 29-11
- LITTERING. City Ordinance Chp. 17-89