Legacy Park Community Center
New Gymnasium Schedule
Beginning January 26
Please call 969-1550 or visit the welcome desk for more information.
Lee's Summit Parks and Recreation has many part time job opportunities. If interested click the following link https://cityofls.net/parks/employment to view available positions and apply.
LPCC Monthly Bulletin:
Whats Happening at LPCC? For the November Bulletin click here.
Membership Fees and Single Visit Rates
||Monthly Flex Rate
||$20.42 / Month
|Resident Discount Rates
||$17.42 / Month
||$25 / 1x fee
- A photo ID is required for proof of residency.
- Monthly memberships are withdrawn from checking accounts on the 15th of each month.
- An enrollment fee and a voided check (no starter checks) are required at the time of registration, as well as the first months dues.
- Monthly membership fees are not prorated and are priced for the month you join.
- All fees are priced for individuals ages 4 and over. Children 3 and under are free.
- All changes to monthly membership drafts need to be completed by the 1st business day of the month and a $5 fee will be charged for changes.
- Please call in advance for more information regarding our memberships options 816-969-1500.
- Single visit: (for up to two hour stay)
- $3.00 per child
Childcare Punch Pass: (each pass is good for 30 visits)
- $80 for non-members ($2.76 per stay)
- $70 for members ($2.33 per stay)
Key Fobs -For your convenience!
The Key FOB allows LSPR to better track attendance, to know who is using the facilities and saves time when registering for programs, paying for a single visit or swiping in at facilities. The Key FOB is easy to carry with you as it slides onto your key ring. You can also take a picture of it and store it in your phone! Stop by anytime to pick up for free key fob at any of our facilities so you can start carrying your key to fun! Key FOBs are required so please remember to bring it with you, replacement FOBS are $1.
"Legacy Park Community Center Membership"
Silver and Fit, SilverSneaker and Prime Memberships are all accepted at LPCC!
Monthly memberships are withdrawn from checking accounts on the 15th of each month. An enrollment fee and a voided check (no starter checks) are required at the time of registration, as well as the first months dues. Monthly membership fees are not prorated and are priced for the month you join. All fees are priced for individuals ages 4 and over. Children 3 and under are free. All changes to monthly membership drafts need to be completed by the 1st business day of the month. Please call in advance for more information regarding our memberships options 816-969-1550.
141' long figure-eight water slide. Spray features, large play area, and a zero-depth beach entrance, four 20-yard lap lanes, current channel and hot tub. Lake front terrace with lounge area available for tanning during the summer months.
Gymnasium and Racquetball Courts
- Full size gymnasium. Equipment available for basketball, volleyball, badminton, and pickleball. Two racquetball courts. Equipment available.
Elevated Walking and Jogging Track
- Three lane track is neoprene-cushioned, and elevated, over-looking the gymnasium. 14 laps = 1 mile.
Aerobics and Virtual Cycle Room
- Air-cushioned, suspended wood floor. Over 60 classes per week. Independent cycle room with virtual instructor lead cycle DVD library available for patrons. Schedule
- Treadmills, ellipticals, upright bikes, recumbent bikes and stair-steppers. Belt-driven machine equipment and free weights.
The Party Room
- Looks onto the aquatic area. Accommodates up to 20 people. Variety of party plan options to suit your needs. Rental info
Legacy Park Community Center Schedules
REGULAR OPERATING HOURS
*Aquatics closes half hour before the facility.
CHILDCARE HOURS (AGES 6MO-10YR)
- Monday-Friday: 8:00am-12:30pm
- Monday-Friday: 4:15pm-8:30pm
- Saturday: 7:30am-1:30pm
- Sunday: 2:00pm-5:00pm
- LPCC has 2 racquetball courts.
- Reservations can be made for one hour per patron
- Patrons may call 969-1550 or sign up in person
- Please notify the welcome desk if you need to cancel
- Join us on Wednesday nights from 6pm-8pm for Challenge Courts - no reservation needed
Join us Monday Nights 7pm-10pm for open play
- Mornings: Monday - Friday 8am-12pm
- Afternoons: Tuesday and Thursday 12pm-3pm
- Evenings: Wednesdays 5pm-8pm and Thursdays 6pm-10pm
- Weekends: Saturday 8am-12pm and Sundays 5pm-8pm
- Paddles and balls are available upon request.
GROUP FITNESS SCHEDULE
- We recommend signing up for classes to ensure your spot.
- Class rosters are available 7 days in advance.
- Members may call 969-1550 in or sign up in person.
- Sign in sheets are located at the front desk
- Please ask a service rep if you need assistance
- The aquatics area closes half an hour before the facility closes.
- The spa is closed weekly for cleaning during Swim Lessons.
- The spa will be cleaned Sundays at 6:30pm.
- The lap lanes will close 5 minutes prior to Aqua Fit classes.
- In the event Aqua Fit is at maximum capacity the leisure pool will be used as overflow and the lazy river will not be available for walking or swimming.
SWIM TIME DESCRIPTIONS
|Lap Pool: Open for class participants only.
||Lap Pool: Closed to non-lesson participants.
Leisure Pool: Closed to non-lesson participants
|Lap Pool: All areas open for use. Children must be 48" in height to use the slide.
Leisure Pool: All areas open for use.
|Lap Pool: Open for exercise only.
Leisure Pool: Open for exercise only
Patrons must utilize the pools for exercising. Open swim not allowed during this time.
|Leisure Pool: Open for play
Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied by an adult 16 years or older at all times in LPCC.
Legacy Park Community Center Facility Rules and Etiquette
General Facility Guidelines
- Demonstrate respect for yourself, other patrons, staff, and property while enjoying the facility.
- No abusive or profane language.
- No rough-housing or horseplay.
- The use of all tobacco products is prohibited in parks and facilities maintained, owned, and/or operated by the Lee's Summit Parks and Recreation Department (E cigarettes are not allowed in any LSPR facility).
- Attire should be community center appropriate.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult age 16 or older at all times.
- Food and drinks are allowed in the vending area only. Water with a lid is allowed in other areas.
- LSPR is committed to the health, safety and welfare of each of its members and staff and will not tolerate unreasonable, threatening, obscene, harassing, indecent or illegal behavior.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed within the facility.
- LSPR has the right to terminate membership of any member engaging in unacceptable behavior.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult (over the age of 16) at all times. Children are restricted to the court area of their supervisor.
- One goal will be available for open shooting.
- All other goals must be used for game play and will remain at regular height.
- No Full Court games are allowed.
- If patrons are waiting all games are limited to 10 minutes. Winning team can stay for 2 consecutive games.
- Please ask staff for assistance with goal height, volleyball, badminton and pickleball.
- Patrons who violate regulations will be asked to leave.
General Pool Rules
- Children under the age 10 shall be accompanied by a person 16 years or older wearing a swimsuit in the Aquatic Area. Children 10 or older may use Aquatic Facility without adult accompaniment.
- No person with open cuts, sores, lesions, infections, obvious communicable diseases, or diarrhea shall use the swimming pool or spa.
- Persons with infectious conditions or contagious diseases such as colds, open sores, influenza, eye infections, or rash will not be permitted in pool or spa.
- Swim diapers are required for non-toilet trained guests.
- Proper swim attire is required. Cut-offs, thong swimsuits, leotards, biking tights, etc. are not permitted.
- NO DIVING IS ALLOWED!
- Running and horseplay are not permitted in or around the pool area.
- Only US Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices are allowed.
- The pool may close early due to severe weather conditions or for special aquatic events.
- No food or drink except for water allowed in aquatic area.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Animals are not allowed in or around the swimming pool. Service animals, as defined by the ADA, are allowed on the pool deck. However, they are not permitted in the pool or spa, on the water slide, or on any kind of flotation raft.
- All riders must be at least 48" tall.
- Riders must go down feet first, either on their back or sitting up.
- Keep hands and feet inside the slide. Do not stop on slide.
- Masks, goggles, flotation devices, and swimsuits with metal rivets are not permitted on water slide.
- All riders must wait for the lifeguards signal before entering the slide.
- Patrons who are pregnant, have a fear of heights, or have experienced heart or back problems should not use the slide.
- Patrons shall be 16 years or older to use the spa.
- No more than 9 patrons are allowed in or around the spa area.
- Due to the high temperature and humidity, the spa can be dangerous to your health. Consult your physician before use.
- Persons who are elderly, pregnant, have high blood pressure or on medications should consult their physician prior to using the spa.
- A 15 minute time limit is recommended.
- The water temperature is 104 degrees and prolonged exposure may cause nausea, dizziness or fainting.
- No oils, shampoos, soaps, etc. are allowed in the spa.
- Due to high amounts of chlorine used to sanitize the spa, prolonged use may cause suit to fade. LPCC is not responsible for damage to swim suits.
Lap Lane Etiquette
- Be courteous of other swimmers.
- A circle pattern will be used for lap swimming. Always stay on the right side of the lane, swimming in a counter clockwise direction.
- Maintain a reasonable distance between swimmers.
- When passing, notify the swimmer in front of you with a tap on the foot and pass in the middle lane. Watch for oncoming swimmers.
- To notify your arrival to a swimmer, sit on the edge of the pool with a foot in the water in the lane you wish to enter. Wait until your presence is known before entering.
- Children under the age of ten will not be permitted in the fitness center. Children ages ten & eleven may only use cardiovascular equipment while directly supervised by an adult 16 years of age or older. Children ages 12 to 17 may use cardiovascular & free weight equipment after passing the fitness center orientation.
- Attire: Closed-toe shoes and a shirt must be worn at all times. Clothing with metal-rivets are not permitted.
- Lockers in the locker room will be used for personal items that can not be hung on hooks located in fitness area.
- Return weights to proper location on rack.
- Spotters are required at all times.
- Collars are required at all times.
- Thirty minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment during peak hours.
- Please be courteous to other users and clean your mat and equipment after use, disinfectant and towels are available at designated areas.
- Children under the age of ten must be directly accompanied by an adult.
- Follow the track direction sign designated for the day.
- The two inside lanes are designated for walkers. The outside lane is designated for jogging.Middle lane for use of weights.
- Strollers are prohibited on the track.
- Corners are available for stretching.
Key Fobs -For your convenience!
The Key FOB allows LSPR to better track attendance, to know who is using the facilities and saves time when registering for programs, paying for a single visit or swiping in at facilities. The Key FOB is easy to carry with you as it slides onto your key ring. You can also take a picture of it and store it in your phone! Stop by anytime to pick up for free key fob at any of our facilities so you can start carrying your key to fun! Key FOBs are required so please remember it with you replacement FOBS are $1.
The gym can be an intimidating place but it doesn't have to be. If you are a first time gym user please let the Legacy Park Community Staff know if you need a tour of the facility, if you have questions about a rule or need an orientation on the equipment.
Below we have provided you a few of the unwritten rules to help improve your visit and your workout. We are here for you, please do not hesitate to ask us for assistance!
PLEASE Be considerate of others
1) Share equipment
2) Be courteous and allow others to work in between sets if needing/wanting the same equipment
3) Help wipe down and adjust/reload or unload weight between sets back to where it was when “working in”
4) Politely inform someone how many sets you have left and that it is okay to “work in” if they begin exercising on a machine while you are resting between sets
5) Refrain from texting, resting or socializing on equipment
6) Refrain from “claiming” a piece of equipment by setting a towel or water bottle next to it.
Winter Gym Etiquette:
Tip #1: Stay Healthy Lee's Summit!
Exercise actually boosts your immune system, so going to the gym is one of the best things you can do to stay well during cold and flu season. But colder weather brings more people inside which means more germs and greater exposure to bugs that cause cold and flu. Use these gym hygiene tips to keep germs at bay and help you stay well throughout the season.
Wash and dry your hands
Wash your hands for 30 seconds with soap. Be sure to clean the front and back of the hands along with your wrists. Leaving your hands wet can make it easier for them to pick up and pass germs. Dry your hands thoroughly after each hand washing. Use hand sanitizer often.
Wipe down equipment
Use the provided spray bottles and disposable towels to disinfect equipment before and after uses. Staff disinfects multiple times throughout the day but cannot get to every machine after every use.
Beware of bacterial hot spots:
• Free weights and gym equipment- wipe down before & after you use them.
• Mats – Wipe down your mat before and after use or you can also bring your own & don't share. Don’t forget to wipe it with anti-bacterial wipes at home & let it air-dry.
• Cardio machines – Be sure to wipe down the buttons and handrails on treadmills, bikes and ellipticals before and after your workout.
• Your gym bag - If it is canvas or cloth wash and dry it once a week, as every time you set it down disease-causing microbes could be latching onto it.
• Your water bottle – Bringing a water bottle is better than using the water fountain but you need to wash it every day in hot water to kill germs which collect at the bottom of it.
• Your hands -Use a clean towel, rather than your hands to wipe your face of sweat. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands.
• Restrooms- After washing your hands use a paper towel to turn off the water and opening the door to exit the bathroom.
Don’t work out when you are sick
Get your rest! Only low intensity exercise is recommended with symptoms like sore throat, coughing, runny nose, congested nose. No exercise is recommended when experiencing muscle/joint pain, headache, fever, diarrhea, vomiting.
Tip #2 - Don’t wear your salty shoes in the gym!
1. Salt: In the winter, salt is common practice on roads and sidewalks to keep ice from becoming a problem. That salt accumulates on your shoes and then you bring it into the gym. Salt on gym equipment and floors does not bode well–it can ruin the gym equipment, as well as yours and others’ athletic gear.
2. Water=Slipping: Snow accumulates on your shoes. It may be snow when you walk in, but by the time you hit the gym floor, it’s water and it’s slippery. Not only can water ruin the cardio equipment and other equipment, but it can cause you or others to slip and fall, causing injury.
3. Shoe maintenance:You want to make sure your shoes last a while and wearing them outside in the salt and snow just isn’t good maintenance. Salt, especially, will erode your shoes at a quicker pace.
Legacy Park Community Center Personal Training
LPCC is here for you & your body!
Meet The Trainers
Click here for a list of our current LSPR Trainers!
A 6-week all inclusive wellness program with the accountability you need to reach your weight loss goals, make incredible changes, and have a healthy lifestyle!
RevUP is now available for just $99, and you still receive all this...
- 6 week membership to Legacy Park Community Center
- Pre/post comprehensive assessments
- Weekly small group personal training programs
- Nutrition classes based on Healthy Eating Every Day content
- Coach Calls Wellness challenges
For more information on RevUP click here
Personal Training Rates
||Individual Non Member
||Couple's Non Member
* Includes a full fitness assessment.
How to Get Started...
Enrollment Form: Outlines basic information and guidelines.
Medical Release: All clients must complete a participation activity readiness questionnaire (PAR Q). If so indicates, a physician’s medical release may be required for clients whose health may be in question.
Fitness Questionnaire: This form will help your personal trainer create a comprehensive program and plan based on your health and fitness history.
After these items are complete and payment has been made, a trainer will contact you within 48 hours to set up your first session, unless the PAR Q indicates the need for physician’s medical release.
HEED - Healthy Eating Every Day
Legacy Park Community Center is pleased to announce Healthy Eating Every Day—a course that helps you change your habits for good. Whether you want to learn how to use healthy shopping strategies, identify healthy options when eating away from home, or cope with stress and other triggers to bad eating habits, Healthy Eating Every Day will teach you how to achieve your goals.
Healthy Eating Every Day classes meet each week for 12 weeks. Cost is $99 for a member & $119 for a non-member and includes Healthy Eating Every Day workbook, access to the program’s website, and online study resources.
LPCC 24 Hour Cancellation Policy. A 24 hour notice of cancellation or change in your personal training appointment is required at the LPCC. If an appointment is cancelled or changed within less than 24 hours of the scheduled appointment, a refund will NOT be processed. In the event of a cancellation by the trainer prior to the 24 hour notice, the appointment may be rescheduled or refunded. In the event of a cancellation by the trainer less than 24 hours of the scheduled appointment, you may reschedule your appointment and will receive an additional 15 minutes of service at no charge.
Legacy Massage Menu
Pricing shown is regular rate / member rate
To relax with a head to toe massage that soothes both the mind and the body, try the Swedish massage. This classic massage uses long strokes to reduce tension, soothe sore muscles and improve circulation.
30 minutes - $45 / $32
60 minutes - $75 / $60
90 minutes - $110 / $84
Deep Tissue Massage
If you have knots/tension you’d like worked out, choose Deep tissue--an intensive and invigorating massage focusing on the deeper layers of tissue and muscle. Great for focused treatment to your troublesome areas.
30 minutes - $45 / $32
60 minutes - $75 / $60
90 minutes - $110 / $84
Athletes, weightlifters, and other gym-goers can go for a Sports massage. Come in before, in-between or after workouts. This can help increase blood flow to prepare, reduce likelihood of injury and/or push toxins that have accumulated in the muscles to in recovery.
30 minutes - $45 / $32
60 minutes - $75 / $60
90 minutes - $110 / $84
The childbearing year brings on a variety of physical discomforts! A perinatal massage can ease backaches, edema (swelling of hands & feet) sciatica, high blood pressure, and fatigue. Massage during pregnancy/postpartum may also feature increased oxytocin production, fewer complications, enhanced immunological function, and help you appreciate your changing body. A health care provider’s release must be obtained before the appointment.
60 minutes - $75 / $60
Without shedding your clothes, receive an effective massage to your back, shoulders, scalp, neck, arms and/or hands in our special massage chair.
Available in 10, 15 and 20 minute sessions/$1 per minute
Hot Stone Massage
Experience the penetrating warmth and earthly energetic effects of warm smooth stones that are heated in water and used along with the hands. Stones may be used before, during or after massage. Add $12 to Swedish, Deep tissue or Sports.
Engage your sense of smell with aromatherapy to enhance your massage experience. Using all-natural essential oils will relieve stress by deepening relaxation or can be energizing. Available with any massage for $5.
Purchase any 4 massages and get a 10% discount when you buy them together. Schedule them all right away, or save some for a rainy day, as long as they are used within 12 months of purchase.
Early Bird Extension
Get a massage, then book your next session that same day and receive 15 complimentary minutes to be used next time.
To schedule your appointment, call 816-969-1550 or visit the Legacy Park Community Center’s welcome desk. Payment is due at time of booking.
LPCC 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
A 24 hour notice of cancellation or change in your massage therapy appointment is required. If an appointment is cancelled or changed within less than 24 hours of the scheduled appointment, a refund will NOT be processed. In the event of a cancellation by the therapist prior to the 24 hour notice, the appointment may be rescheduled or refunded. In the event of a cancellation by the therapist less than 24 hours of the scheduled appointment, you may reschedule your appointment and will receive an additional 15 minutes of service at no charge.
The Legacy Park Community Center reserves the right to adjust pricing at anytime without notice. In addition, items on the Massage Menu may vary or be unavailable at certain times.
Legacy Park Community Center Rental Rates
Party Room Rates -Pool Parties
Party Package A
- 20 paid admissions to the LPCC
- Up to 20 colorfully printed invitations (if booking your party online please pick up invitations at LPCC)
- Party shirt for honoree (1 per party)
- 1 1/2 hours in the Private Party Room
- Aquatic area during “Open Swim” hours before or after the scheduled room time
(Click here for Aquatics Schedule)
- Gym time during open play time
- Rates: Member/Resident Rate: $135; Non-Resident Rate: $165
Party Package B
- Same as Package One, PLUS...
- Party paper and plasticware
- Cupcakes to serve 20
- Punch or Lemonade to serve 20
- Party B must be booked a minimum of 7 days in advance to allow for cupcakes
- Rates: Member/Resident Rate $155; Non-Resident Rate: $200
- Add a Party Attendant for just additional $20!
Per Hour Fees (2 hour minimum)
Deposit and fees are due at the time the reservation is made. Reservations must be completed in person, call 816-969-1552 to schedule your appointment.
1 Available after hours only, 2 hour minimum.
2 Deposit Fee is $250 for Lock-ins.
3 Deposit fee is refunded according to the condition of the space.
4 Security is required for events with youth ages 14-20 $42.50 per hour
* As of September 23, 2014 the community room will no longer be available for rentals.
||Resident / Member Rate
|| $135 / hour
|| $162 / hour
|| $211/ hour
|| $286/ hour
|| $345/ hour
|| $414 / hour
||$72 / Hour
||$90 / Hour
||$116 / Hour
||$145 / Hour
||Additional $40 / Hour
||Additional $40 / Hour
||Up to 350
||$100 / Event
||$100 / Event
****** Please call ahead in case of inclimate weather. LSPR will not allow bikes, canoes or stand up paddle board to be reserved in cases of thunder and lightning. ******
Stand up paddleboard reservations have closed for the season.
Canoe and bike reservations are still available weather permitting please call in advance.
Stand up paddle board, canoes and bikes are available for FREE check out and use at Legacy Park. Please make your reservations in advance by calling 816.969.1550 or stopping by the Legacy Park Community Center.
Reservation are available:
IMPORTANT: Last reservation will be scheduled one hour prior to end time. Patrons must be off the lake by 7:30pm M-F and 6:30pm on the weekends.
Times will be adjusted based on sunrise and sunset as it becomes darker.
Need More Information?
Legacy Loop Trail
Click here for Trail Map
Multiple trail options available (8-10' asphalt)
Legacy Park Lake
22-acre lake with a fishing dock and scenic overlook along shoreline.
Membership Cancellation Request Form
Those wishing to cancel their LSPR membership need to do so at a Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation facility. This online cancellation form is for LSPR members who wish to cancel their membership but are unable to get to a facility.
If you have a monthly flex membership you must cancel by the 1st of the month in order to stop your monthly draft on the 15th. Cancellations made after the 1st of the month will stop your membership at the end of the current month. For example: If you cancel on November 8, the membership will draft on November 15, the membership will remain active til November 30.