Legacy Park Community Center
LOCKER ROOMS: The Legacy Park Community Center Family Locker Room will be CLOSED for tile replacement April 10th - May 8th.
The Men's locker room will be CLOSED for tile replacement May 15 - June 15. (Dates may change)
We apologize for the inconvenience.Please call 816-969-1550 for questions. Thank you.
GYM LIGHTS: Please excuse our mess, May 4-6 LPCC will be upgrading the gymnasium lights. We hope you enjoy the upgrades!
LPCC Monthly Bulletin: Click Here for what's happening in April at LPCC!
NEW RACE TRAINING STARTING! Click here for more information.
Legacy Park Community Center is seeking flexible, energetic, creative and personable people to serve as a childcare attendant. Interested candidates must be available weekdays 7:45am – 12:30pm.
Requirements: High school diploma preferred. Minimum one year experience in working with children between the ages of 6 months to 10 years old. Basic first aid and CPR certification required within 3 months of employment. Must exhibit good communication and exceptional patron relation skills. Ability to establish good working relationship with patrons, subordinates and supervisors. Ability to maintain self-control and composure and set a professional example for the staff and participants. Hours may vary. Salary: $7.70 / hr. EOE. Apply online here or respond to this posting. Or mail resume to LSPR 220 SE Green Street, LSMO, 64063. Applications may also be dropped off in person at Legacy Park Community Center, 901 NE Bluestem Drive, LSMO 64086. EOE
Part Time Custodian
Lee's Summit Parks & Recreation is hiring for a part-time custodial position at Legacy Park Community Center. This position performs a variety of duties involving the maintenance and cleaning of the facility. Must be available to work varied hours that include daytime hours. Salary: $7.70 per hour. Apply online or send application to Legacy Park Community Center, 901 NE Bluestem Drive, Lee's Summit, MO 64086. EOE. Open until filled.
"LS Passport" ONE Membership, THREE Facilities
"Legacy Park Community Center Membership"
Silver and Fit, SilverSneaker and Prime Memberships are all accepted at LPCC!
Monthly memberships are withdrawn from checking accounts on the 15th of each month. An enrollment fee and a voided check (no starter checks) are required at the time of registration, as well as the first months dues. Monthly membership fees are not prorated and are priced for the month you join. All fees are priced for individuals ages 4 and over. Children 3 and under are free. Please call in advance for more information regarding our memberships options 816-969-1550.
|LS Resident Discount Rate
||$15.83 / Month
||$18.75 / Month
||$25 / 1x fee
141' long figure-eight water slide. Spray features, large play area, and a zero-depth beach entrance, four 20-yard lap lanes, current channel and hot tub. Lake front terrace with lounge area available for tanning during the summer months. Schedule
Gymnasium and Racquetball Courts
Full size gymnasium. Equipment available for basketball, volleyball, badminton, and pickleball. Two racquetball courts. Equipment available.
Elevated Walking and Jogging Track
Three lane track is neoprene-cushioned, and elevated, over-looking the gymnasium. 14 laps = 1 mile.
Aerobics and Virtual Cycle Room
Air-cushioned, suspended wood floor. Over 60 classes per week. Independent cycle room with virtual instructor lead cycle DVD library available for patrons. Schedule
Treadmills, ellipticals, upright bikes, recumbent bikes and stair-steppers. Belt-driven machine equipment and free weights.
The Party Room
Looks onto the aquatic area. Accommodates up to 20 people. Variety of party plan options to suit your needs. Rental info
Legacy Park Community Center Rental Rates
Party Room Rates -Pool Parties
Party Package A
- 20 paid admissions to the LPCC
- Up to 20 colorfully printed invitations (if booking your party online please pick up invitations at LPCC)
- Party shirt for honoree (1 per party)
- 1 1/2 hours in the Private Party Room
- Aquatic area during “Open Swim” hours before or after the scheduled room time
(Click here for Aquatics Schedule)
- Gym time during open play time
- Rates: Member/Resident Rate: $135; Non-Resident Rate: $165
Party Package B
- Same as Package One, PLUS...
- Party paper and plasticware
- Cupcakes to serve 20
- Punch or Lemonade to serve 20
- Party B must be booked a minimum of 7 days in advance to allow for cupcakes
- Rates: Member/Resident Rate $155; Non-Resident Rate: $200
- Add a Party Attendant for just additional $20!
Per Hour Fees (2 hour minimum)
Deposit and fees are due at the time the reservation is made. Reservations must be completed in person, call 816-969-1552 to schedule your appointment.
1 Available after hours only, 2 hour minimum.
2 Deposit Fee is $250 for Lock-ins.
3 Deposit fee is refunded according to the condition of the space.
4 Security is required for events with youth ages 14-20 $42.50 per hour
* As of September 23, 2014 the community room will no longer be available for rentals.
||Resident / Member Rate
|| $135 / hour
|| $162 / hour
|| $211/ hour
|| $286/ hour
|| $345/ hour
|| $414 / hour
||$72 / Hour
||$90 / Hour
||$116 / Hour
||$145 / Hour
||Additional $40 / Hour
||Additional $40 / Hour
||Up to 350
||$100 / Event
||$100 / Event
Legacy Park Community Center Schedules
- LPCC has 2 racquetball courts.
- Reservations can be made for one hour per patron
- Patrons may call 969-1550 or sign up in person
- Please notify the welcome desk if you need to cancel
- Join us on Wednesday nights from 5pm-8pm for Challenge Courts - no reservation needed
Join us Wednesday Nights 7:30 pm-9:30 pm for open play *
Mornings: Monday - Friday 8am-12pm
Afternoons: Tuesday and Thursday 12pm-3pm
Evenings: Wednesdays 5pm-7pm*
Weekends: Sundays 12pm-1pm and Every third Sunday 6pm-8pm*
*Please note: If no one shows within 15 minutes of the scheduled times the nets will be taken down and the gym will be opened for basketball.
Paddles and balls are available upon request.
Group Fitness Schedule
- We recommenced signing up for classes to ensure your spot.
- Class rosters are available 7 days in advance.
- Members may call 969-1550 in or sign up in person.
- Sign in sheets are located at the front desk
- Please ask a service rep if you need assistance
- The aquatics area closes half an hour before the facility closes.
- The spa is closed weekly for cleaning during Swim Lessons.
- When lessons are not in session the spa will be cleaned Sundays at 6:30pm.
- The lap lanes will close 5 minutes prior to Aqua Fit classes.
SWIM TIME DESCRIPTIONS
|Lap Pool: Open for class participants only.
||Lap Pool: Closed to non-lesson participants.
Leisure Pool: Closed to non-lesson participants
|Lap Pool: All areas open for use. Children must be 48" in height to use the slide.
Leisure Pool: All areas open for use.
|Lap Pool: Open for exercise only.
Leisure Pool: Open for exercise only
Patrons must utilize the pools for exercising. Open swim not allowed during this time.
|Leisure Pool: Open for play
Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied by an adult 16 years or older at all times in LPCC.
Legacy Park Community Center Facility Rules and Etiquette
General Facility Guidelines
- Demonstrate respect for yourself, other patrons, staff, and property while enjoying the facility.
- No abusive or profane language.
- No rough-housing or horseplay.
- The use of all tobacco products is prohibited in parks and facilities maintained, owned, and/or operated by the Lee's Summit Parks and Recreation Department (E cigarettes are not allowed in any LSPR facility).
- Attire should be community center appropriate.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult age 16 or older at all times.
- Food and drinks are allowed in the vending area only. Water with a lid is allowed in other areas.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult (over the age of 16) at all times. Children are restricted to the court area of their supervisor.
- One goal will be available for open shooting.
- All other goals must be used for game play and will remain at regular height.
- No Full Court games are allowed.
- If patrons are waiting all games are limited to 10 minutes. Winning team can stay for 2 consecutive games.
- Please ask staff for assistance with goal height, volleyball, badminton and pickleball.
- Patrons who violate regulataions will be asked to leave.
General Pool Rules
- Children under the age 10 shall be accompanied by a person 16 years or older wearing a swimsuit in the Aquatic Area. Children 10 or older may use Aquatic Facility without adult accompaniment.
- Persons with infectious conditions or contagious diseases such as colds, open sores, influenza, eye infections, or rash will not be permitted in pool or spa.
- Swim diapers are required for non-toilet trained guests.
- Proper swim attire is required. Cut-offs, thong swimsuits, leotards, biking tights, etc. are not permitted.
- NO DIVING IS ALLOWED!
- Running and horseplay are not permitted in or around the pool area.
- Only US Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices are allowed.
- The pool may close early due to severe weather conditions or for special aquatic events.
- No food or drink except for water allowed in aquatic area.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the pool deck.
- All riders must be at least 48" tall.
- Riders must go down feet first, either on their back or sitting up.
- Keep hands and feet inside the slide. Do not stop on slide.
- Masks, goggles, flotation devices, and swimsuits with metal rivets are not permitted on water slide.
- All riders must wait for the lifeguards signal before entering the slide.
- Patrons who are pregnant, have a fear of heights, or have experienced heart or back problems should not use the slide.
- Patrons shall be 16 years or older to use the spa.
- No more than 9 patrons are allowed in or around the spa area.
- Persons who are elderly, pregnant, have high blood pressure or on medications should consult their physician prior to using the spa.
- A 15 minute time limit is recommended.
- The water temperature is 104 degrees and prolonged exposure may cause nausea, dizziness or fainting.
- No oils, shampoos, soaps, etc. are allowed in the spa.
- Due to high amounts of chlorine used to sanitize the spa, prolonged use may cause suit to fade. LPCC is not responsible for damage to swim suits.
Lap Lane Etiquette
- Be courteous of other swimmers.
- A circle pattern will be used for lap swimming. Always stay on the right side of the lane, swimming in a counter clockwise direction.
- Maintain a reasonable distance between swimmers.
- When passing, notify the swimmer in front of you with a tap on the foot and pass in the middle lane. Watch for oncoming swimmers.
- To notify your arrival to a swimmer, sit on the edge of the pool with a foot in the water in the lane you wish to enter. Wait until your presence is known before entering.
- Children under the age of ten will not be permitted in the fitness center. Children ages ten & eleven may only use cardiovascular equipment while directly supervised by an adult 16 years of age or older. Children ages 12 to 17 may use cardiovascular & free weight equipment after passing the fitness center orientation.
- Attire: Closed-toe shoes and a shirt must be worn at all times. Clothing with metal-rivets are not permitted.
- Lockers in the locker room will be used for personal items that can not be hung on hooks located in fitness area.
- Return weights to proper location on rack.
- Spotters are required at all times.
- Collars are required at all times.
- Thirty minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment during peak hours.
- Please be courteous to other users and clean your mat and equipment after use, disinfectant and towels are available at designated areas.
- Children under the age of ten must be directly accompanied by an adult.
- Follow the track direction sign designated for the day.
- The two inside lanes are designated for walkers. The outside lane is designated for jogging.Middle lane for use of weights.
- Strollers are prohibited on the track.
- Corners are available for stretching.
Legacy Massage Menu
Pricing shown is regular rate / member rate
To relax with a head to toe massage that soothes both the mind and the body, try the Swedish massage. This classic massage uses long strokes to reduce tension, soothe sore muscles and improve circulation.
30 minutes - $40 / $28
60 minutes - $65 / $52
90 minutes - $95 / $76
Deep Tissue Massage
If you have knots/tension you’d like worked out, choose Deep tissue--an intensive and invigorating massage focusing on the deeper layers of tissue and muscle. Great for focused treatment to your troublesome areas.
30 minutes - $45 / $32
60 minutes - $75 / $60
90 minutes - $110 / $84
Athletes, weightlifters, and other gym-goers can go for a Sports massage. Come in before, in-between or after workouts. This can help increase blood flow to prepare, reduce likelihood of injury and/or push toxins that have accumulated in the muscles to in recovery.
30 minutes - $45 / $32
60 minutes - $75 / $60
90 minutes - $110 / $84
The childbearing year brings on a variety of physical discomforts! A perinatal massage can ease backaches, edema (swelling of hands & feet) sciatica, high blood pressure, and fatigue. Massage during pregnancy/postpartum may also feature increased oytocin production, fewer complications, enhanced immunological function, and help you appreciate your changing body. A health care provider’s release must be obtained before the appointment.
60 minutes - $70 / $56
Without shedding your clothes, receive an effective massage to your back, shoulders, scalp, neck, arms and/or hands in our special massage chair.
Available in 10, 15 and 20 minute sessions/$1 per minute
Hot Stone Massage
Experience the penetrating warmth and earthly energetic effects of warm smooth stones that are heated in water and used along with the hands. Stones may be used before, during or after massage. Add $12 to Swedish, Deep tissue or Sports.
Engage your sense of smell with aromatherapy to enhance your massage experience. Using all-natural essential oils will relieve stress by deepening relaxation or can be energizing. Available with any massage for $5.
Purchase any 4 massages and get a 10% discount when you buy them together. Schedule them all right away, or save some for a rainy day, as long as they are used within 12 months of purchase.
Early Bird Extension
Get a massage, then book your next session that same day and receive 15 complimentary minutes to be used next time.
To schedule your appointment, call 816-969-1550 or visit the Legacy Park Community Center’s welcome desk. Payment is due at time of booking.
LPCC 24 Hour Cancellation Policy
A 24 hour notice of cancellation or change in your massage therapy appointment is required. If an appointment is cancelled or changed within less than 24 hours of the scheduled appointment, a refund will NOT be processed. In the event of a cancellation by the therapist prior to the 24 hour notice, the appointment may be rescheduled or refunded. In the event of a cancellation by the therapist less than 24 hours of the scheduled appointment, you may reschedule your appointment and will receive an additional 15 minutes of service at no charge.
The Legacy Park Community Center reserves the right to adjust pricing at anytime without notice. In addition, items on the Massage Menu may vary or be unavailable at certain times.
Legacy Park Community Center Personal Training
LPCC is here for you & your body!
A 12-week all inclusive wellness program with the accountability you need to reach your weight loss goals, make incredible changes, and have a healthy lifestyle!
RevUP is now available for just $295, and you still receive all this...
- 12 week membership to Legacy Park Community Center
- Pre/post comprehensive assessments Lipid profile & glucose analysis
- Weekly small group personal training programs
- Weekly Healthy Eating Everyday Nutrition classes with free workbook
- Coach Calls Wellness challenges & incentives
- Personalized exercise plans
For more information on RevUP click here
Personal Training Rates
||Individual Non Member
||Couple's Non Member
* Includes a full fitness assessment.
How to Get Started...
Enrollment Form: Outlines basic information and guidelines.
Medical Release: All clients must complete a participation activity readiness questionnaire (PAR Q). If so indicates, a physician’s medical release may be required for clients whose health may be in question.
Fitness Questionnaire: This form will help your personal trainer create a comprehensive program and plan based on your health and fitness history.
After these items are complete and payment has been made, a trainer will contact you within 48 hours to set up your first session, unless the PAR Q indicates the need for physician’s medical release.
HEED - Healthy Eating Every Day
Legacy Park Community Center is pleased to announce Healthy Eating Every Day—a course that helps you change your habits for good. Whether you want to learn how to use healthy shopping strategies, identify healthy options when eating away from home, or cope with stress and other triggers to bad eating habits, Healthy Eating Every Day will teach you how to achieve your goals.
Healthy Eating Every Day classes meet each week for 12 weeks. Cost is $99 for a member & $119 for a non-member and includes Healthy Eating Every Day workbook, access to the program’s website, and online study resources.
LPCC 24 Hour Cancellation Policy. A 24 hour notice of cancellation or change in your personal training appointment is required at the LPCC. If an appointment is cancelled or changed within less than 24 hours of the scheduled appointment, a refund will NOT be processed. In the event of a cancellation by the trainer prior to the 24 hour notice, the appointment may be rescheduled or refunded. In the event of a cancellation by the trainer less than 24 hours of the scheduled appointment, you may reschedule your appointment and will receive an additional 15 minutes of service at no charge.
Canoes, stand up paddle boards and bikes!
Starting May 1st, stand up paddle board, canoes and bikes are available for FREE check out and use at Legacy Park.
Need More Information? (updates coming soon)