Phone Reports for minor incidents
Now that our main headquarters is back and fully open to the public, the LSPD is working to make it easier for residents to make police reports on non-emergency events. Our phone-in report system is just another way for you to connect with us for services. For non-emergency reports for crimes that occurred in our jurisdiction, you can call 816.969.1700 during the hours of 7 a.m. -3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday to make a phone-in report. You will be connected to one of our front desk staff that can take your report from you over the phone.
Here is some additional information to help you determine if this is the right reporting method for your situation:
Phone reports cannot be done for the following types of reports:
- Any crime in progress -- call 911
- Assaults upon a person
- Motor vehicle crashes
- Identity Theft reports - (we need to verify your identity to complete a report)
- Any report that involves the collection of evidence such as bank documents or other physical evidence items
- This form is not for the reporting of issues to the Police department such as road debris, neighborhood issues, etc.
- Please call our dispatch center at 816-969-7390 to report these issues so an officer can be sent to address the issue
Phone reports can be used for:
- Basic stealing reports such as a theft from a vehicle or place of employment
- Reports for incidents that do not require the gathering of physical evidence or documents
Recent construction, along with existing COVID protocols that were in place reduced our ability to interact with our citizens in person. Now that we are open and done with the remodeling of our headquarters we would prefer to interact with you in person and share our amazing facility with you!
Walk-in reports are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. During the hours of 7 a.m. - 4 p.m., M-F, our desk officers will take your report from you; if it is outside of those times, an officer will be called in to meet with you in person in our lobby.
Please remember, that for any offense committed in Lee's Summit, we will send an officer to meet with you at any address in Lee's Summit so that we can take a report from you and answer any questions you might have. To have an officer sent to speak with you, please call our dispatch center at 816-969-7390; for emergencies, please call 911.