Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update – Friday, March 13, 2020
Lee’s Summit Parks & Recreation (LSPR) is taking precautionary measures to prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Lee’s Summit.
At this time all recreational programming, activities, leagues, events, childcare and rentals are postponed until further notice effective Saturday, March 14, 2020. This includes all adult and youth activities, fitness classes and paid programming. LSPR facilities and community centers will remain open for the time being, however, as this is a fluid situation, conditions may change. LSPR will provide additional information as it becomes available.
In addition to these measures, LSPR is proactively taking steps to minimize the spread of illness by increasing frequency of cleaning of all facilities and high-touch areas, and consistently restocking and increasing availability of soap/hand-sanitizer in all restrooms and in multiple locations around facilities. LSPR is engaged in educational efforts for proper hygiene and health for staff and patrons.
LSPR is also working with the Youth Sports Associations as they determine their courses of action for Spring programs.
LSPR encourages following best practices to minimize the risk of illness or exposure:
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water; use hand-sanitizer with 60% alcohol if soap and water is not available
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with hands
- Avoid contact with others who are sick or are showing symptoms
- Stay at home and avoid participation in activities if sick or are showing symptoms
- Have children stay home if sick or are showing symptoms
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces with household cleaning sprays or wipes
- Observe social distancing
LSPR will continue to provide periodic updates for the education and awareness of our patrons and employees. Check LSPR’s webpage at LSParks.net, our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/LSParksAndRecreation/, or the City of Lee’s Summit coronavirus webpage at https://cityofls.net/coronavirus for updates as we monitor information on the progress of Coronavirus (COVID-19).