Legacy Park Amphitheater Announces its Stellar Summer Season!
Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation (LSPR) is pleased to announce its Stellar Summer Season at the Legacy Park Amphitheater (LPA). The lineup will include artists who have played in local, national, and international venues; free children’s events, concerts, and more from May through October.
The season kickoff will begin with the annual “Celebration of the Arts” Friday, May 17 at 6:30 p.m. This community-wide, free event is a chance to spotlight many of the talented cultural arts group who call Lee’s Summit home. A local dance studio, theatre group, kids rock band, and the LSHS orchestra will perform. After the performance, the night will end with a ten-minute firework show that will light up the sky.
Calendar of Events for Outdoor Concerts
- May 23 at 7 p.m. – KC Vine Rumble Orchestra (partnership with Mid-Continent Library) will have a 14-piece performance that will take you back to the golden era of Kansas City jazz.
- June 11 at 7 p.m. – KC Rapper Sauce (partnership with Mid-Continent Library) is a performance from Royce “Sauce” Handy that will bring out some of the best of Kansas City’s hip-hop music with a wholesome message. Free admission.
- June 14 at 6 p.m. – Summit Music Fest is where some of Kansas City’s local bands take the stage and play for the community. Each band will perform for 20 minutes. Free admission.
- July 13 at 6 p.m. – What’s Next Fest (partnership with Mid-Continent Library) is a live music event focusing on up-and-coming bands like Pink Royal and Mild Cats and others from the Kansas City area. Free admission.
- July 19 at 7 p.m. – Jamaican Jam is a free concert that features great reggae bands. Their melodic sounds of reggae and Caribbean charm will fill the air. Free admission.
- August 2 at 7 p.m. – Blues Fest will feature two bands that will play soulful blues music all evening. Free Admission.
- August 9 at 7 p.m. – Gabriel Sanchez presents the Prince Experience is a performance that will deliver timeless hits such as “Purple Rain,” and “Let’s Go Crazy” all with props and costumes that will transport you to 1999. Material Girl, a Madonna tribute will open to bring you the essence and sounds of Madonna in her prime. Advance Tickets are $10.
- August 16 at 7 p.m. – Sara Evans, country music singer and songwriter, takes the stage in LPA’s premiere summer event! Sara has sold millions of records and won the ACM female vocalist award and claimed a CMA trophy for her signature song, Born to Fly. With the release of her eighth album “Words,” Evans demonstrates that she’s still willing to leap into the unknown, taking greater control of her career and calling the shots in a way that’s unusual in country music- particularly unusual for a woman in the genre. Advance tickets are $25.
- August 24 at 7 p.m. – A Night of Jazz with Julian Vaughn will feature Julian Vaughn, a dynamic bass player from Kansas City, play smooth jazz. Vaughn has made an international name for himself in the jazz world as a bassist, a world which is predominately owned by sax players. Advance tickets are $10.
Tickets for all events can be purchased online at RockTheAmp.net or in person at Legacy Park Amphitheater the day of the event.
Calendar of Events for Outdoor Theatre (all outdoor theatre events are free for attendees)
- May 17 at 6:30 p.m. – Celebration of the Arts
- June 4 at 10 a.m. – Androcles and the Lion (partnership with Mid-Continent Library)
- June 30 at 10 a.m. – Animals at the AMP (partnership with Mid-Continent Library)
- July 30 at 10 a.m. – Juggler Brian Wendling (partnership with Mid-Continent Library)
Concessions available for purchase, additional food and beverage vendors on site for selected events. No pets or outside food and beverage allowed. For a full list of rules visit www.rocktheamp.net
Legacy Park Amphitheater is located next to Legacy Park Community Center at 897 NE Bluestem Drive, Lee’s Summit, MO 64086. For additional information, a list of upcoming events, or information about renting the facility, visit rocktheamp.net.