Search Press Releases

Press Release Archive

Press Releases

  |   Views: 1623
  |   Categories: Fire Department Press Releases

Kitchen Fire Causes Significant Damage

Kitchen Fire Causes Significant Damage

On Tuesday, October 4, 2022, at 4:56 p.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire in the 2600 Block of NW Bent Tree Circle. The occupant called 911 and reported a fire in the kitchen.

When the fire department arrived, light smoke was visible from a two-story, single-family residence. The occupant was safe outside.

Firefighters quickly extinguished a fire involving the kitchen. A check of the remainder of the house confirmed no further fire spread, and the incident was under control by 5:42 p.m.

The fire significantly damaged the kitchen, with smoke and heat damage throughout the rest of the house.

Food left cooking unattended on the stove was the cause of the fire.

Print

Latest Press Releases

First3435363738