Search Press Releases

Press Release Archive

Press Releases

  |   Views: 14507
  |   Categories: Public Works Press Releases

Section of Southwest Third Street Set to Close on May 20

Section of Southwest Third Street Set to Close on May 20

A section of Southwest Third Street will close on May 20 and remain closed for approximately six weeks as utility work is completed and construction begins on the Third Street Improvements project. The closure will impact the eastbound lanes of Southwest Third Street from Southwest Pryor Road to Southwest Murray Road. One westbound lane of Southwest Third Street will remain open. All closures are weather permitting.

The detour route for eastbound Southwest Third Street is south on Southwest Pryor Road, east on Southwest Longview Road and north on Southwest Ward Road. Following the completion of the utility relocation work, Southwest Third Street will reopen to two-way traffic throughout the duration of the Third Street Improvements project.

Improvements include the addition of turn lanes, a median, sidewalks, street lighting and a traffic signal at the intersection of Southwest Murray Road and Southwest Third Street. The project will also widen Southwest Third Street to two lanes in each direction from Southwest Pryor Road to Southwest Murray Road. These improvements will enhance safety and operations. Street parking will not be allowed.

The project is funded by the 2007 Capital Improvements Sales Tax. Construction is expected to be complete in late 2020. For more information, contact Public Works at publicworks@cityofLS.net or call 969-1800.

Print

Latest Press Releases

Lee’s Summit Water Utilities Receives Two Customer Service Awards
Lee’s Summit Water Utilities Receives Two Customer Service Awards

Lee’s Summit Water Utilities Receives Two Customer Service Awards

Lee’s Summit Water Utilities is proud to announce the receipt of two prestigious customer service awards recognizing its commitment to excellence in serving the Lee’s Summit community. The ETC Institute’s Leading the Way award was given to Lee’s Summit Water Utilities to recognize its ranking in the top 10% of municipalities for outstanding performance in core areas assessed in the DirectionFinder® Survey. During 2023, ETC Institute...
Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House
Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

Bush Fire Ignited by Fireworks Spreads to House

On Sunday, February 11, 2024, at 9:52 p.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire in the 1200 Block of North Ranson Road in Greenwood, Missouri. Callers said fireworks caught a bush on fire next to the house, and it spread to the building. When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible from the eaves of a one-story, single-family residence. All of the occupants were safe outside. Firefighters extinguished the fire outside...
House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital
House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

House Fire Sends One Person to the Hospital

 On Saturday, February 3, 2024, at 1:37 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at the Rising Star Ranch, 2807 NW Chipman Road. An occupant of a house at the ranch called 911 to report an explosion and fire with one person injured. When the fire department arrived, a small one-story house and a nearby utility trailer were heavily involved in the fire. The occupants of the house were outside. One of the occupants was...
City of Lee’s Summit Statement on Stadium Sales Tax

City of Lee’s Summit Statement on Stadium Sales Tax

The City of Lee’s Summit’s Legislative and Intergovernmental Relations Committee released the following statement related to the actions of the Jackson County Legislature and the county executive as they pertain to the Chiefs and Royals stadiums: “For more than 50 years the Kansas City Chiefs and Royals have been significant contributors to the economy of Jackson County, the state of Missouri and the bi-state area. The citizens of Jackson County...
Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire
Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

Extension Cords Used with a Space Heater Causes Fire

On Tuesday, January 16, 2024, at 10:46 a.m., the Lee's Summit Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 300 Block of NE Parks Edge Place. The occupants smelled smoke but did not see anything. When the smoke alarms started to sound, they discovered smoke from the basement stairs and a fire. They called 911 and evacuated the building.   When the fire department arrived, smoke was visible inside a two-story, single-family residence. Everyone...
1345Last