Search Press Releases

Press Release Archive

Press Releases

  |   Views: 344
  |   Categories: Fire Department Press Releases

NEWS RELEASE- Kitchen Fire Causes Extensive Damage

NEWS RELEASE- Kitchen Fire Causes Extensive Damage

LEE’S SUMMIT, MO— On Wednesday, August 21, 2019, at 9:45 a.m., the Lee’s Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 1811 NW Killarney Lane. The resident reported a fire in the kitchen that was spreading. The house was being evacuated, but the pets were still inside.

When the fire department arrived, heavy smoke was visible from the roof of the one-story, single family residence. The resident was safe outside.

The fire burned through the roof as firefighters were entering the building. Crews quickly extinguished the fire in the kitchen and removed the remaining ceilings to extinguish the fire that had spread to the attic.  A search of the house confirmed no one was inside. Crews did locate the pets and they were safe. The incident was under control by 10:03 a.m.

The fire caused heavy damage to the kitchen and the attic. The remainder of the house sustained varying amounts of heat and smoke damage. The cause of the fire was determined to be oil that ignited in a pan left unattended on the stove.

Two firefighters sustained minor injuries when a portion of the ceiling fell on top of them. Both were treated and released from an area hospital.

Print

Latest Press Releases

Legacy Park Amphitheater Announces Two Additional Free Concerts this Summer!

Legacy Park Amphitheater Announces Two Additional Free Concerts this Summer!

Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation (LSPR) is pleased to announce two additional events coming to the Legacy Park Amphitheater (LPA). These two performances are free for the public to enjoy. On Friday, September 6 the 18th & Vine Jazz District Renaissance and Redevelopment Corporation presents “18th & Vine on the Road” with legendary Kansas City jazz artist Bobby Watson and The American Jazz Orchestra taking the stage at 7 p.m. On...
City of Lee’s Summit Names New Fire Chief
City of Lee’s Summit Names New Fire Chief

City of Lee’s Summit Names New Fire Chief

The City of Lee’s Summit is pleased to announce the appointment of Michael Snider as the City’s new fire chief. This selection follows the March 2019 retirement of Rick Poeschl.  The City conducted an extensive national search that resulted in over 48 well-qualified and exemplary applicants. Leading candidates participated in a highly competitive and comprehensive interview process, which included multiple panel interviews with stakeholders,...
Legacy Park Amphitheater Announces its Stellar Summer Season!

Legacy Park Amphitheater Announces its Stellar Summer Season!

Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation (LSPR) is pleased to announce its Stellar Summer Season at the Legacy Park Amphitheater (LPA). The lineup will include artists who have played in local, national, and international venues; free children’s events, concerts, and more from May through October. The season kickoff will begin with the annual “Celebration of the Arts” Friday, May 17 at 6:30 p.m. This community-wide, free event is a chance to...
Dr. Jay Rapley Selected as 2019 Lee’s Summit Citizen of the Year
Dr. Jay Rapley Selected as 2019 Lee’s Summit Citizen of the Year

Dr. Jay Rapley Selected as 2019 Lee’s Summit Citizen of the Year

Lee's Summit Mayor Bill Baird has selected Dr. Jay Rapley as the 2019 Citizen of the Year for his perseverance and strength when faced with extreme adversity, inspiring others with his story and helping those who have faced injury or trauma in their own lives. He will be honored at the Truman Heartland Community Foundation’s Annual Citizen’s Reception on Sept. 6 and at the Foundation’s Toast to Our Towns Gala on Sept. 28. Dr. Rapley is a...
NEWS RELEASE- Kitchen Fire Causes Extensive Damage
NEWS RELEASE- Kitchen Fire Causes Extensive Damage

NEWS RELEASE- Kitchen Fire Causes Extensive Damage

LEE’S SUMMIT, MO— On Wednesday, August 21, 2019, at 9:45 a.m., the Lee’s Summit Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 1811 NW Killarney Lane. The resident reported a fire in the kitchen that was spreading. The house was being evacuated, but the pets were still inside. When the fire department arrived, heavy smoke was visible from the roof of the one-story, single family residence. The resident was safe outside. The fire...
1345Last