The Cultural Arts Division accepts applications for the City Hall exhibit calendar on an ongoing basis. Please review the application requirements below. Exhibits will be selected based on artistic quality, qualifications of the artist and appropriateness of content for a public business environment. Applications to show artwork will be considered and selected by the Cultural Arts Division. Submitting a proposal form does not guarantee the opportunity to show.
Artists may hang between 7-14 images depending on dimension. Artists will not be able to exhibit 2D works wider than 48” due to space limitations. Display cases are available for displaying 3D artwork.
Rules for displaying art in Lee’s Summit City Hall:
- Artists must be 18 years or older, unless otherwise approved by the Cultural Arts Division.
- Artists must complete an exhibit proposal application form, brief bio and resume/cvv. An artist statement will be requested if the proposal is selected for exhibition.
- Artists must deliver art to City Hall and hang at the agreed date and time.
- Artists are responsible for hanging and removing their own artwork.
- Hanging pieces must be backed with secured, sturdy hanging wire and must be framed when applicable.
- Artists will provide labels for display to include titles, medium and price if available for sale.
- 3D art must sit securely on its own or have attachments to secure it.
- Art must remain on display for the entire show, unless approved by the Cultural Arts Division. Artwork cannot be removed early without prior notification to Cultural Arts Division.
Interested buyers will contact and pay artists directly. Artists should inform Cultural Arts Division of any sales so that a “sold” notification can be placed on the art. The Cultural Arts Division does not take a percentage of sales.
City Hall exhibit displays are managed by the Cultural Arts Division. Questions or concerns may be directed to the Cultural Arts Manager via email or 816-969-1032.