All City of Lee’s Summit facilities are closed or open for limited services to the public. During this time, the City encourages the use of resources available online or by phone. These measures are being taken to protect the health of employees and the community by preventing the spread of COVID-19.
City Facility Closures
- City Hall - limited services
- Police Headquarters/Municipal Court
- Fire Department
- Animal Control - All pet adoptions and lost pet services by appointment only, 969-1640.
Parks and Recreation
Open park areas and trails are open. Patrons must comply with social distancing requirements (give six feet between others). For additional reopening details visit: LSparks.net.
- Summit Waves - closed for the season
- Community Centers - single visits now available to non-residents
- Happy Tails is closed during the Painting of the Water Tower
- Board and Commission meetings without necessary action items.
- Municipal Court cases have been postponed. For more details about reopening, visit LSCourts.net.
(Contact LScourts@cityofls.net for an appointment to retrieve certified records or for cash payments.)
- Citizens Leadership Academy: continuing with virtual meetings
- Citizen's Police Academy: postponed
- RecycleFEST: postponed until fall
- Airport Open House: canceled (planning underway for 2021)
- Legacy Blast: canceled
- Night Flight 5K: canceled
- Tour de Lakes: canceled