All City of Lee’s Summit facilities are closed or open for limited services to the public. During this time, the City encourages the use of resources available online or by phone. These measures are being taken to protect the health of employees and the community by preventing the spread of COVID-19.
City Facility Closures
- City Hall - limited services
- Police Headquarters/Municipal Court
- Fire Department
- Animal Control - All pet adoptions and lost pet services by appointment only, 969-1640.
- Municipal Court has temporarily relocated to City Hall. All dockets through January 31 will be held via WebEx. For more details about reopening, visit LSCourts.net.
(Contact LScourts@cityofls.net for an appointment to retrieve certified records or for cash payments.)
Parks and Recreation
Open park areas and trails are open. Patrons must comply with social distancing requirements (give six feet between others). For additional reopening details visit: LSparks.net.
- Community Centers - single visits now available to non-residents
- Happy Tails is closed during the water tower painting project
- Board and Commission meetings without necessary action items.
- Citizens Leadership Academy: 2021 session canceled
- Citizen's Police Academy: postponed
- RecycleFEST: postponed until spring