All City of Lee’s Summit facilities are closed to the public. During this time, the City encourages the use of resources available online or by phone. These measures are being taken to protect the health of employees and the community by preventing the spread of COVID-19.
City Facility Closures
- City Hall - limited services
- Police Headquarters/Municipal Court
- Fire Department
- Animal Control - All pet adoptions and lost pet services by appointment only, 969-1640.
- Water Utilities
- Community Centers - Fitness areas are open and fitness classes can be held following social distancing protocols.
Parks and Recreation
Open park areas and trails are open. Patrons must comply with social distancing requirements (give six feet between others). All Parks and Recreation activities/rentals including leagues, childcare and shelter rentals are canceled.
- Summit Ice
- Basketball, Pickleball, Tennis Courts and Sand Volleyball Courts
- Youth sports fields at Legacy and Hartman Park sports fields
- Park water fountains and restrooms
- Board and Commission meetings without necessary action items.
- Postponement of municipal court cases through June 30
- Citizens Leadership Academy: continuing with virtual meetings
- Citizen's Police Academy: postponed
- RecycleFEST: postponed until fall
- Airport Open House: canceled (planning underway for 2021)
- Legacy Blast: canceled
- Night Flight 5K: canceled
- Tour de Lakes: canceled