Maintain thriving, quality neighborhoods that connect a diversity of residents throughout the community.
Housing access, affordability, and diversity across our growing population will be crucial for our community to be resilient in the future. Strong neighborhoods and diverse housing choices attract new residents and provide affordable housing options for families, young professionals, hourly workers, empty nesters, and people with different abilities from all generations, cultures, and backgrounds.
By creating and maintaining a variety of housing options, styles, and price ranges, we can cultivate dynamic and inclusive neighborhoods with opportunities for shopping and support services nearby, as well as convenient public facilities such as quality roads, pedestrian connections, parks, and schools.
We will explore how to continue to ensure that:
- neighborhoods are friendly, welcoming, and community-minded
- existing housing is preserved and protected
- neighborhood character is charming yet elevated
- aging in place is encouraged and promoted
- affordable and diversified housing is supported