The Lee’s Summit Police Department has entered into an agreement with DOCVIEW, LLC to place traffic accident reports on-line. The Docview.us.com Accident Report System was selected to serve as the department traffic accident insurance and citizen request technology.
What is Docview.us.com? It is an Internet based application that was developed to help law enforcement agencies and insurance companies manage and access traffic accident reports in a more efficient manner. Through the use of innovative online document management technology, citizens will be able to rapidly find and view an accident report usually within 24 hours of being scanned after approval. No more waiting in line or mailing report request forms, and the report will be accessible over the Internet, 24 hours a day!
Like most law enforcement agencies across America, the Lee’s Summit Police Department has been pursuing an alternative to the hardcopy reporting, storing, and servicing of report requests. Through the testing process it was concluded that the Docview.us.com system was the most suitable and secure solution as a local accident repository for insurance and citizen report requests. The system is designed to do the following:
- Allow for multi-jurisdictional data sharing and searching
- A comprehensive system to facilitate web accessible availability of accident reports for insurance companies, officers and citizens
- Remove the police department from the billing and request fulfillment process
- Provide officers and investigators access to accident informationfor all agencies on the system.
- Internet viewing and printing will significantly reduce the time spent dealing with insurance agencies and citizens seeking copies of traffic crashes. This new on-line method will provide an alternative and more expedient method for obtaining the information they need.
- Reports are available from work or home, 24 hours a day via the Internet.
- Saves citizens the hassles of driving downtown, paying to park, and standing in line.
- Reports are converted to PDF format making them easy to view, save, print and email.
- Finding a report takes only a few seconds.
- Reports are accessible usually within 24 hours of being scanned, excluding holidays and weekends.
- Reports cannot be modified, maintaining report integrity.
- Clear, high resolution images of each report for optimal viewing and printing.
Docview.us.com provided the police department a high speed scanner, scanning software and training at no charge. Docview.us.com charges a nominal convenience fee for this service which is added to the cost of the report. Citizens who do not wish to pay the convenience fee can still come to the police station and pay the normal report fee if they wish. Visit www.docview.us.com to learn more about Docview and it's services.