Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
Program Rules ~ Materials Accepted ~ Appt. Calendar ~ Participating Communities ~ Appt. Scheduling
Online Appointment Registration
WHY ARE APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED?
Appointments are required for two reasons:
- Space limitations. Our facility is very small.
- Many of the materials and chemicals brought to the HHW facility cannot be mixed or even stored near each other. Therefore, in order to ensure public safety, the City requires appointments to allow staff the necessary time to verify and properly store HHW within the facility.
Because of our facility's space limitations, only 100 pounds of RESIDENTIAL HHW are accepted per household per appointment per day.
|NOTE: Appointment dates are currently filling up approximately 6-8 weeks in advance!
- Only 100 pounds of RESIDENTIAL materials are accepted.
- Only one appointment per household is allowed per day.
- Chemicals are NOT accepted during the Wednesday appointment dates, as a chemist is not on staff to properly sort and handle them.
- Proof of residency (driver's license or utility bill) will be required at the time of your appointment.
- Residents of non-participating communities will be charged $50 per appointment to drop off up to
100 pounds of HHW.
- The following materials are NOT accepted: commercial waste, empty or leaking containers, wax products, cooking oil (except peanut oil), electronics, asbestos, explosives, medical waste or syringes, radioactive material, and known PCB waste.
- Staff reserves the right to refuse any questionable materials.
- Up to 12 appointments are scheduled for every half-hour time slot.
Your request WILL NOT be processed until you:
- Enter all of the required fields below.
- Check the small box indicating your understanding of the rules and restrictions.
- Click on the the gray SUBMIT button at the very bottom of the page.
To cancel or reschedule your appointment, call 969-1805.