Here are some quick facts for mobile food vending:
- Locating on private property requires the property owner’s permission and cannot negatively impact pedestrian, bicycle, or motor vehicle traffic circulation or cause safety issues. Hours of operation are not restricted.
- Locating in public parking spaces (on City streets) cannot be within 60 feet of a permanent (“brick and mortar”) restaurant during posted hours of operation, unless written permission from the restaurant owner is obtained.
- Locating in the downtown area (Central Business District) is permitted from 9:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. daily. Requests can be made for other hours of operation during special occasions, such as holidays.
- Operating during downtown festivals is permitted within the festival during festival hours. Mobile Food Vendors are prohibited within one-half mile outside the festival.
- Mobile food vendors are required to obtain a permit from the Jackson County Health Department and meet state and county regulations.
- Annual City permits are required in most cases.
- For more information, contact the City’s Planning & Development Department at (816) 969-1600.