Upon issuance of a building permit, certain inspections are required so that compliance with the building code may be verified. This is done for the safety of the people who will be occupying or otherwise using the structure or space once it is completed.
City Inspectors will make both routine and required inspections during the construction process.
These links contain information that will help you construct your project under the provisions of the building code. Please note that these handouts do not represent the entire building code; rather, they are highlights of the code that contain answers to frequently asked questions. If you have questions, contact the Codes Administration Department at 816-969-1200.
These codes include the following:
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Fire Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- ICC/ANSI A117.1-2008, Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
The codes can be purchased on-line at the ICC Store, or by calling the International Code Council Store at 1-800-786-4452.
Any questions you have about the building codes or amendments should be directed to the Codes Administration Department at 816-969-1200.