Livable Streets Advisory Board
LS360º Homepage - Public Transportation - Livable Streets Policy Res. 10-17
One of the goals of the Transportation KPA (key performance area) included a "Complete Streets" system that would allow safe access along and across Lee’s Summit streets for all citizens, including motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians, and transit riders.
In January, 2010, the Mayor and City Council amended Chapter 26. Streets, Sidewalks and Other Public Places, of the Code of Ordinances by adding Section 26-56. Livable Streets Advisory Board. In addition, the Council also adopted Resolution 10-17 establishing a livable streets policy. The Livable Streets Advisory Board will
The Board shall consiste of eleven citizen members, appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the majority of the City Council. One member of the Council shall serve as liaison with no voting rights, appointed by the Mayor Pro-Tem. One member of City staff shall serve as liaison, with no voting rights and designated by the City Manager.
Citizens service three-year, staggered terms. The Board may establish a 501C-3 for the purpose of fund raising.
- Advise the City Council on methods and procedures to accomplish the guiding principles of livable streets described by Resolution 10-17.
- Review and evaluate the application and implementation of the livable streets policy.
- Upon request of the City Council or City Manager, assist with long-range and on-going planning efforts that may be related to livable streets.
- Promote the livable streets concept throughout the community and greater metropolitan area.
- Educate the public regarding safe bicycling, walking and driving, applicable traffic laws, and the use of roads for multiple travel modes.
- Encourage citizens to walk, bike and take public transportation.
- Participate in programs that designate, reward or recognize the City's support, progress and accomplishments regarding livable streets.
Please call 969-1010 for the next regularly scheduled meeting.