The City of Lee’s Summit has announced that certain back-to-school purchases, such as clothing, school supplies, computers, and other items are exempt from sales taxes from August 7 – 9. The sales tax holiday applies to state and local sales taxes for local jurisdictions that chose to participate in the holiday. The City of Lee’s Summit began participating the sales tax holiday in August 2007.
The sales tax exemption is limited to:
- Clothing – any article having a taxable value of $100 or less
- School supplies – not to exceed $50 per purchase
- Computer software – taxable value of $350 or less
- Personal computers – not to exceed $3,500
- Computer peripheral devices – not to exceed $3,500
For more information about the back-to-school sales tax holiday, go to http://cityofls.net/City-of-Lees-Summit/Budget-Finances-and-Taxes/Sales-Tax.aspx