1. Bids – For Bid Number 405-32472-16 the City of Lee's Summit, Missouri will receive Bids electronically submitted via QuestCDN (www.QuestCDN.com) until January 31, 2017 at 3 p.m. local time, when all Bids duly received will be opened publicly and read aloud in Howard A Conference Room. The successful bidder will be required to furnish and pay satisfactory performance and payment bond or bonds. The City of Lee's Summit, reserves the right to reject any or all Bids or to waive informalities therein, to determine the lowest and best Bid.
2. Project Description: The Work for the project, SE 7th Ter. Traffic Calming, includes, but is not necessarily limited to:
Removal of existing pavement in three locations on SE 7th Terrace to be replaced by installation of concrete pavement for speed humps. Installation of signing and pavement marking is also a part of the project.
The site is located in Lee's Summit, Missouri, as shown on the Drawings.
3. Bidding Documents - Sets of Bidding Documents may be requested from:
QuestCDN.com for an electronic file, the eBidDoc number is 4775156. A downloading fee of $20 will be required to obtain the files.
4. Bid Security - Each Bid shall enclose Bid Security, as specified in the Instructions to Bidders, representing five percent (5%) of the sum of the Bidder's Base Bid plus all alternates.
5. Pre-Bid Conference - A Pre-Bid Conference will be held at City Hall 2nd Floor Howard A Conference Room, City Hall, 220 S.E. Green Street, Lee's Summit, Missouri on January 17, 2017 at 9 a.m. local time. Prospective Bidders and others interested in the Work are encouraged to attend the pre-bid conference. Addenda may be issued, as the Engineer considers necessary, in response to issues raised at the pre-bid conference.
6. Prevailing Wages - The Department of Labor and Industrial Relations Prevailing Wage Determination - Annual Wage Order No. 23 incremental increase effective December 20, 2016, covering the Work is attached to the Form of Agreement (Section 00500).
7. Tax Exemption - All or certain items required for this contract are for constructing, repairing, or remodeling facilities for an exempt entity and qualify for exemption from State and local sales and use taxes under RSMo 144.062. The Instruction to Bidders and General Conditions include tax exemption provisions covering the submission of the application for tax exemption determination by the Bidder awarded the Contract.
8. Work Authorization – For all contracts in excess of $5,000, the bidder shall comply with § 285.530, RSMo, as amended and shall; 1. provide sworn affidavit affirming that it does not knowingly employ any person who is an unauthorized alien and 2. provide documentation affirming its enrollment and participation in a federal work authorization program with respect to the employees working in connection with this contract. The required documentation must be from the federal work authorization program provider. e.g. the electronic signature page from the E-Verify program’s Memorandum of Understanding. E-Verify, http://www.dhs.gov/everify, is a FREE Internet-based federal work authorization program operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Letter from contractors reciting compliance is not sufficient.
9. The successful bidder shall comply with the requirements of § 292.675 RSMo. The requirements include on-site employees to complete the ten (10) hour Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) construction safety program, which includes a course in construction safety and health approved by OSHA or a similar program approved by the Department of Labor and Industrial Relations.
This Invitation to Bid dated at Lee's Summit, Missouri, this January 10, 2017.
City of Lee's Summit, Missouri
Mark R. Green, Staff Engineer
[SW1]Revised paragraph. Put Bid Number at the beginning.